The Aadhar card is a unique 12 digit identification number that is assigned to every Indian citizen. A voluntary scheme, the government is now slowly making the Aadhar card mandatory for citizens who avail of public services such as the LPG subsidy scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana etc.
Syndicate Bank was established in the year 1925 in Udupi, Karnataka and has been moving from strength to strength since its inception. The bank has branches spread across the country and provides a range of financial products and services to its customers.
Syndicate Bank customers who wish to seed their Aadhar card to their bank accounts to avail of various government schemes can do so using the below mentioned methods:
- Online (through the Syndicate Bank website).
- Offline (by visiting a Syndicate Bank branch).
- Through SMS/ATM services.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Syndicate Bank Account Online
Syndicate Bank customers can link their Aadhaar card to their bank account by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Syndicate Bank’s official website and go to the Customer Service tab on the homepage.
- Click on the ‘Update Your Aadhaar Number’ option.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and click ‘Submit’.
- Once the bank has verified your information, you will receive a notification via SMS on your registered number or through email.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Syndicate Bank Account Offline
Aadhaar card can be linked to Syndicate Bank accounts offline by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest Syndicate Bank branch and request for a copy of the application form to link an Aadhaar Card with a Syndicate Bank account.
- Fill in the details requested and submit the form at the branch along with the documents mentioned on the form.
- The lower portion of the form will be handed back as an acknowledgement of receipt of the application.
- After the bank has verified the information, a notification will be sent through email or SMS.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Syndicate Bank Account through SMS
Syndicate Bank customers can also link their Aadhaar card and bank account through SMS in the following way:
- Send ADR
- Once the SMS has been sent, the bank will acknowledge receipt via SMS.
- Once the bank has completed the seeding process, it will notify the customer through SMS.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Syndicate Bank through ATM
Syndicate Bank customers can also link their Aadhaar card with their bank account number through an ATM by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit a Syndicate Bank ATM and swipe a Syndicate Bank ATM/Debit card.
- After entering the 4 digit PIN, select ‘Other Services’.
- Select the ‘Aadhaar Update’ option from the ones provided.
- Enter the Aadhaar number and select ‘Confirm’.
- Re-enter the Aadhaar number after which a receipt will be generated stating that the Aadhaar card seeding has been completed successfully.
Documents to be Submitted for Linking Aadhaar Card with Syndicate Bank Account
The following documents are to be submitted when applying to link Aadhaar card with a Syndicate Bank account:
- Copy of Aadhaar card.
- Copy of bank passbook.
By linking Aadhaar with your Syndicate Bank account, receiving benefits from government schemes like the pension scheme and the LPG subsidy will be easier and ensure the funds are received by the intended recipients.