A 12 digit number provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian Government, Aadhaar number is highly important and advantageous to Indian citizens. The idea behind this is to capture demographic and biometric information of a particular individual in a centralised database so as to retrieve details at a later date whenever needed. Aadhar card also acts as an important proof of address and identity.
The Government has recently come up with a number of schemes and subsidies to benefit the general public as Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and so on. In order to receive the benefit of these schemes, an Aadhar number is required which will need to be linked to their bank account. This page will talk about the steps needed for an individual to link his/her Aadhaar number to his/her Corporation Bank account.
An Aadhar number can be linked to a particular bank account in three ways -
- Offline methods which can be accomplished by visiting a branch of the bank
- Online, through the bank’s website
- Via SMS
- Through one of ATMs affiliated to the bank
Steps to link Aadhaar number to an account of Corporation Bank through offline methods-
- Individuals will have to visit the closest branch of Corporation Bank along with the necessary documents which includes original and photocopy of the Aadhar card along with original and photocopy of their passbook.
- Once they visit the bank, they will be provided with an application form to link the Aadhaar number to their bank account which will have to be filled completely and given.
- Once the form has been filled, an officer at the bank will verify the documents and will return the lower half of the application form as an acknowledgement
- Once the account has been linked, individuals will receive an intimation through SMS or on their email.
Although there are provisions for banks to link their account number to the customer’s Aadhaar number, candidates will not be able to utilize the online, SMS or ATMs to link their Aadhaar number to their Corporation Bank account.
Documents required for the above processes include -
- Original and photocopy of their Aadhaar card
- Original and photocopy of their passbook
There are a number of benefits to procuring an Aadhaar card and linking to their bank account as this will enable them to receive all the benefits of the subsidies that they have subscribed to. There have been many provisions made for customers to receive the benefits of the subsidies directly to their bank account as this will prevent mismanagement of funds as well as the wrong person receiving funds. Therefore customers are advised to link their Aadhaar numbers to their bank accounts at the earliest.