Aadhar is a 12 digit number that is unique and is used for the purpose of identification. This number is provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian government. This number can also be used as an address proof and captures the demographic and biometric information of an individual in a centralised database making it an in disposable source of information about a particular person. This number is also necessary for a number of reasons and purposes especially procuring government related schemes and information.
It is advisable for individuals to ensure that their Aadhar number is seeded to their bank account as this provides information and proof regarding their identity and is essential in order to avail of certain government schemes. This article will provide information on the process required in order for customers to link Aadhaar number to their Citibank account.
Founded in the year 1812 in London Citibank is the consumer division of the financial group, Citigroup. As part of its banking portfolio, a number of products and services such as credit cards, loans, etc., are offered.
There are four methods by which individuals can seed their Aadhaar card to their Citibank account and these are -
- Offline method, which is by visiting the bank directly
- Online, through the bank’s website
- Through SMS
- Through one of the affiliated ATMs of Citibank
In order to seed their Aadhaar number to their Citibank account offline, individuals will have to follow the steps provided below-
- Customers will have to visit the bank with their necessary documents.
- They will be asked to fill and application form.
- The documents will have to be verified and individuals will receive the lower half of the application form as acknowledgement.
- Once verification and seeding is done, individuals will receive a notification of it on their mobile number or email.
As of now, individuals will not be able to link their Aadhaar number to their Citibank account through online, SMS or ATMs, however by visiting the website, it is possible.
It is of utmost importance for individuals to link their Aadhaar number to their Citibank account as this will enable them to receive the benefits of the numerous schemes that have been put forth by the Government of India. These include Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Scheme Subsidy and so on. By seeding the number, benefits of the scheme will be credited directly to the individual’s bank account as this prevents misuse and mistakes that can result in providing subsidies directly.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card