Aadhar is a 12-digit number that is unique and is used for the purpose of identification. This number is provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India. Citibank account holders can link their Aadhaar card to their account by different processes
It is advisable for individuals to ensure that their Aadhar number is seeded to their bank account as this provides information and proof regarding their identity and is essential in order to avail of certain government schemes.
There are four methods by which individuals can seed their Aadhaar card to their Citibank account and these are -
- Offline method, which is by visiting the bank directly
- Online, through the bank website
- Via Citibank mobile application
- Through IVRS
Link Aadhaar Card to Citibank Account Offline
In order to seed their Aadhar number to their Citibank account offline, individuals will have to follow the steps provided below-
- Customers will have to visit the bank with the original as well as photocopies of their Aadhaar card and bank passbook.
- They will be asked to fill an eKYC application form.
- The documents will be verified by the bank authorities and individuals will then receive an acknowledgement slip.
Once verification and seeding are done, individuals will receive a notification on their registered mobile number.
Link Aadhaar Card with Citibank Account Online
Citibank account holders can also opt for the easy and convenient way to link their Aadhaar card with their bank accounts online through internet banking. Here’s how they can do it:
- Visit the official website of Citibank.
- Login using username and password (IPIN/QPIN).
- On the new page, choose either “Banking” or “Credit Card” tab.
- Click on the “Update Aadhaar” option.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and click “Continue”.
- An Online Authentication Code (OAC) will be sent to the registered mobile number of the account holder.
- Enter the OAC and click “Continue”.
- In case, the customer has not received the OAC, he/she can send an SMS GETOAC
to 52484 from any Idea, Vodafone, or Airtel number. For other mobile numbers, they can send the SMS in the same format to +91 9880752484.
- Upload the pdf version of Aadhaar card to the Citibank portal.
Once the authentication is complete, the account holders will receive a confirmation SMS on their registered mobile number from the bank.
Link Aadhaar card with Citibank Account via Citi Mobile App
To link Aadhar with Citibank account, customers can download the Citi Mobile app and follow these steps:
- Login to Citi Mobile with username and password.
- Select “Menu” from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Update Aadhaar” option from the menu.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number twice and click “Continue”.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click “Submit”.
Once the bank authenticates all the information successfully, the account holder will receive a confirmation message about the same on his/her mobile number.
Link Aadhaar Card to Citibank Account through IVRS
Citibank account holders can link their account to Aadhar through Citibank affiliated Interactive Voice Response Service (IVRS). The steps to do it are as follows:
- Call 18602102484 or 02249552484 from the registered mobile number.
- Enter either Credit/Debit card or bank account number.
- Enter Citibank net banking TPIN or Date of Birth.
- If the customer has Debit card number, then he/she has to enter expiry date.
- Follow the IVRS instruction and press 1 to update Aadhaar.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Customers will be notified once the bank verifies the information submitted by them.
It is of utmost importance for individuals to link their Aadhaar number to their Citibank account as this will enable them to receive the benefits of the numerous schemes that have been put forth by the Government of India. These include Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Scheme Subsidy and so on. By seeding the number, benefits of the scheme will be credited directly to the individual bank account as this prevents misuse and mistakes that can result in providing subsidies directly.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card