Aadhaar card is a form of identification that contains the biometric and demographic details of the card holder. It is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India, a central government agency of India. Now, you can link your Aadhaar card to your bank account and avail various benefits. Linking your Aadhaar card with your Andhra Bank is very easy. The card can be linked to the bank account through both online and offline process. Given below is the process to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card to your Andhra Bank.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Andhra Bank Offline
One can link their Aadhaar card to their Andhra Bank Account manually by visiting the nearest Andhra Bank branch. Mentioned below are the steps to be followed in order to link Aadhaar card with Andhra Bank:
- Visit the closest Andhra Bank branch.
- Ask for the application form required to link Aadhaar card to the bank account.
- Fill the form completely.
- Submit the form.
- The bank official might ask for original documents for verification purposes, so it's advisable to carry your original documents.The documents will be returned back after the verification.
- The bank will issue a receipt form after verification of the documents.
- Once the Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account, the bank will update you via SMS or email.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Andhra Bank Online
One can link their Aadhaar card to their Andhra Bank account from the comfort of their house. Listed below are the steps to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card with Andhra Bank:
- Visit the official website of Andhra Bank.
- Login with your User ID and Password.
- Find the link ‘Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking’ in the home page of the website.
- Enter and confirm the 12 digit number in the required field.
- Select the savings account for which you wish to link your Aadhaar card.
- One can use the ‘Inquiry’ option on the page to know the status of linking and rejection of Aadhaar card.
- The bank will send a confirmation through email or SMS once the card has been linked to the account.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Andhra Bank through SMS
One can also link their Aadhaar card with Andhra Bank through SMS. Listed below are the steps to be followed in order to link the card to the account via SMS:
- The facility is available only to the customers of the bank who have registered for mobile alerts.
- The customer has to send an SMS in the format “AADHAAR
Bank account number Aadhaar number” to 56161.
- “AADHAAR” is the keyword in the message.
- The customer will receive an update via SMS when the Aadhaar card is linked to the account.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Andhra Bank via ATM
Customers of Andhra Bank can link their Aadhaar card to their Andhra Bank account through an ATM.
- The customer has to visit the closest Andhra Bank ATM.
- The customer has to insert their Andhra Bank Debit/ATM card in the ATM machine and select the ‘Aadhaar registration’ option in the category.
- The ATM will prompt the customer to enter the Aadhaar number twice.
- Once the card has been linked to the account, the bank will send an update to the customer via SMS.