The National Pension Scheme or NPS is a voluntary retirement saving scheme, which has been designed to enable systematic savings during the subscribers work life. This scheme was introduced by the Government of India.
How to link Aadhaar number with your NPS account online?
In order to link the NPS account with Aadhaar, a person can perform these steps:
- You should first login using your NPS account.
- Then click on “Update Details” option, and select a sub-menu option that says, “Update Aadhaar/Address Details”.
- Now, select the option that is described as “Add/Update Aadhaar Number”
- The next step is the submission of the Aadhaar Number
- At this point, you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) from UIDAI on your registered mobile number
- Once the OTP authentication is complete, the PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) linked to the NPS account that was used to login and the Aadhaar number provided will be linked.
Note that the name mentioned in PFRDA should match with the name mentioned on your Aadhaar card.