In this page, we will give you information on how to go about linking your mutual funds with your aadhaar number. The page contains info regarding aadhaar linkage by online means, offline means, and through SMS.
4 Methods to Link Aadhaar Number with Mutual Funds
Linking Aadhaar number with mutual fund is a simple and one time process. The seeding is expected to help government in figuring out the legality of an investment or a transaction. There are three ways to link Aadhaar number with mutual fund: Online, SMS, registering with fund houses, and physical KYC or offline linkage.
Offline Process to add Mutual Funds with Aadhar
The physical KYC process followed by the registrars is commonly known as offline mode. The registrars like CAMS and KARVY offer the option of linking Aadhaar and mutual fund folios offline. The process is beneficial for those investors who doesn’t have an email ID or mobile number mentioned on their mutual fund account. Below mentioned are the steps to link Aadhaar and mutual funds offline:
Step1: Visit your registrar’s website and download the KYC form.
Step2: Fill the form, don’t forget to mention the folio number and attach a self-attached Aadhaar card.
Step3: Submit the form for linking at registrar's office or customer care center.
Steps to seed Aadhar-mutual funds by registering with the Funds House
If an individual is a new investor or has investment in a single funds house, he can link his Aadhaar with the mutual funds account after making an investment. Below mentioned are some of the easy steps to complete the linking process by registering with funds house.
- Visit the particular funds house’s website
- Enter your PAN number
- Select the option that reads, “You are not KYC compliant”
- Enter the mobile number that is registered with Aadhaar number and fill all the other details carefully to complete the steps
Using SMS Method to Link Aadhaar and Mutual Funds Account in 3 Steps
The Aadhaar and mutual funds seeding method is easy. Follow the simple steps to complete the linking process:
Step 1: Correctly type “ADRLNK
Step 2: Send the typed message to 9212993399 from the phone number that is registered with Karvy
Step 3: On completing the procedure, you will receive a confirmation message.
Remember “Y” in the typed message stands for your consent to link the 12–digit UIN to all the mutual funds serviced through Karvy.
Linking your Aadhar to Mutual Funds via Online
Online Aadhaar number and mutual funds linking is easy, but ensure that the phone number registered with Aadhar is operational to receive one time password (OTP) message. Mutual fund holders have the flexibility to complete the linking process with mutual fund registrars and not visit each fund house individually.
Most of the registrars provide online tools to help complete the Aadhar linkage process. Leading registrars such as CAMS (computer age management systems), Karvy, Fraklin Templeton and Sundaram BNP Paribas allow customers to link their Aadhar with mutual funds online. Investors can visit the website of the registrar that services their mutual funds product and follow the steps mentioned below:
Step-by-Step Guide to Link Aadhaar and Mutual Funds with CAMS:
Below mentioned are the step-by-step procedure that will help you complete the process:
Step 1: Visit CAMS official website: www.camsonline.com. Click on “Investor service” menu and select “Link Your Aadhaar” option displayed on the left side of the page. Else an investor can visit the following website directly for linking: www.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_Aadhar.aspx
Step 2: Enter your PAN number
Step 3: Select either mobile or date of birth or email in the 2nd box
Step 3: Enter the details according to the selected option in the respective box
Step 4: Click on the “verify” button
Step 5: It will redirect to a new page, where you enter your Aadhar number, and the registered mobile number. email ID is optional
Step 6: Click on the “Generate OTP”
Step 7: An OTP will be generated to the registered mobile number, type in the OTP and click on the “Submit” button
Step 8: On successfully completing the steps, you will receive a confirmation message
Follow 7 Steps to Complete Mutual Funds-Aadhaar Linking with KARVY:
If your Mutual Funds are held with Karvy as the registrar, Aadhar and Mutual fund linkage can be accomplished from the Karvy's website. Given below are the steps to guide you through:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Karvy
Step 2: Click on the “Link your Aadhar” tab
Step 3: Under online linking process, enter your PAN and click on the “Generate OTP” button. Remember to link your mobile and Aadhaar beforehand to avoid any last minute hassle
Step 4: An OTP will be generated to the registered mobile number or email ID
Step 5: Tick the mutual fund scheme that you have or want to link and click on the consent confirmation box
Step 6: Enter the Aadhar number in the respective box and click on the “Submit” button
Step 7: The above steps complete the linking process successfully. The investor will get a confirmation message from Karvy regarding the linking process.
How to Link Mutual Funds and Aadhar with Franklin Templeton Portal
In case an investor is holding mutual fund schemes offered by Franklin Templeton (FT) India, he should link his Mutual fund folios through FT portal. The investor can’t link his Aadhaar number to FT folios from any other website. Following are the steps to link your Aadhar and mutual funds on the FT portal:
- Visit the Franklin Templeton portal: www.franklintempletonindia.com
- Click on the “Customer service” option
- Under the Instant services tab, select the “Update Aadhar number” option
- The page gets redirected to a new page, enter your PAN card number against the given box
- In the select box, click on the arrow to select the most preferable option. The options include Date of Birth/Pin Code/ Last Transaction Amount
- Enter the details of the selected option and click on the “Next” button
- On the next page, enter the bank account number that is registered with Franklin Templeton during your investment
- Click on the “Next” button
- Enter the 12-digit unique identification number in the respective field and click on the “Submit” button
- On completing the above steps, you will receive a confirmation message on your Aadhaar registered mobile number and personal email ID
List of Mutual Fund Companies to which CAMS/ KARVY Provide Service
Karvy—the oldest among all mutual fund registrars—provides services to nearly 90 fund houses. Listed below are the mutual fund houses which are held by CAMS and KARVY
FAQs on Linking Mutual Funds with Aadhaar Card
- If there are more than one account holders for a mutual fund, what are the steps to be followed?
- Is there a way to link mutual funds in demat account to Aadhar?
- What are the different sources to download the linking form when a customer applies for offline mode?
- Does Aadhaar and mutual fund linking is applicable for even NRIs, non-individuals and HUF’s?
- After completing the linking process either through CAMS or KARVY, will the investor receive any notification from UIDAI?
- Can the linking process be done through mutual fund distributor?
For a mutual fund that has more than one account holders, Aadhaar number of all the holders should be linked to the folio.
Yes, an investor can easily link a mutual fund that is in demat form by approaching the depository participant and need not visit the registrars or fund houses.
A mutual fund investor can download the form from the websites of the transfer agents, association of mutual funds of India, fund houses, and registrars.
No, for NRIs, non-individuals and HUFs, the Aadhaar-mutual fund linking is not possible from the CAMS website. However, through Karvy’s website non-individuals can complete the linking process.
Yes, an investor will receive an email confirmation from the UIDAI mentioning the Aadhar number, OTP, date, time and the registrar’s name.
Yes. The seeding process can be accomplished offline through a mutual fund distributor.
Aadhar Card Linking with