Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number that can be obtained by residents of India.The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is authorised to issue Aadhaar cards to Indian residents of all ages.
Aadhaar card registration in Assam
People of Assam can apply for Aadhaar card by visiting any of the Aadhaar card centres in Assam set up by the UIDAI. Residents can visit an authorised Aadhaar enrolment agency in Assam to carry forward the process of registration. One can also opt for online pre-registration to enrol his/her name for Aadhaar card.
Documents needed for Aadhaar card registration in Assam
The UIDAI has mentioned a list of documents that are required to apply for Aadhaar card.
Individuals applying for an Aadhaar card are required to submit any one of the documents in each category listed below:
Proof of Identity Documents for Aadhaar Enrolment:
- Voter ID
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Pensioner Photo ID Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Arms License
- Certificate of identity issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on official letterhead
- Kissan passbook with photograph
- ATM card with photograph
- NREGS job card
- Photo ID issued by a recognised educational institution
- Disability ID card/handicapped medical certificate issued by STate/Union Territory government
Proof of Address for Aadhaar Enrolment:
- Bank Statement/Passbook.
- Post office account statement/Passbook
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Insurance policy
- Arms License
- Freedom fighter card
- Pensioner card
- Kissan passbook
- Signed letter from bank on official letterhead
- NREGS job card
- Utility bills (electricity/water/telephone/gas) not older than 3 months
- Property tax receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit card statement (not older than 3 months)
- Certificate of address with photograph issued by MP/MLA/Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on official letterhead
Aadhaar card registration by visiting enrolment centres in Assam
The first step to enrolling one’s name for Aadhaar card is to search for an Aadhaar enrolment agency in Assam. An applicant can choose any of the enrolment centres nearest to his/her location and book an appointment for the registration of Aadhaar. On the date of appointment, the applicant has to keep in mind the following steps.
- Submit the Aadhaar enrolment form along with the identity proof documents (proof of age, proof of address, proof of identity).
- The submitted documents will be verified against the information entered in the application form, after which the individual’s biometrics will be taken.
- The biometric process includes taking an iris scan and all ten fingerprints. This is not done for applicants below the age of 5 years.
- An acknowledgement slip will then be generated which will contain the applicant’s Aadhaar enrolment ID.
- The applicant will receive their Aadhaar card by post at the address mentioned on the application form.
How to check Aadhaar status online
After the procedures at the enrolment centre, applicants will receive an enrolment ID which can be used to check the status of Aadhaar. To check the status, one can follow these steps:
- Step 1. Go to the official website UIDAI
- Step 2. Click ‘Check Aadhaar status’ and enter the enrolment number.
- Step 3. The applicants have to submit a security code.
- Step 4. Click the ‘check status’ button.
- Step 5. The status of the applicant’s Aadhaar card will be shown on the screen.
In case, the applicant has not received his/her Aadhaar card via mail which takes up to 90 days; the UIDAI provides online service to download and print the soft copy of Aadhaar card which is accepted everywhere.
How to download Aadhaar soft copy with EID
The applicant can download his/her e-Aadhaar by simply following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official UIDAI website and click on ‘Download Aadhaar Card’.
- Under the ‘I Have’ tab, choose the relevant option ( in this case, the Enrolment ID).
- Fill in the details requested, such as applicant’s full name and pin code.
- Enter the captcha text and request for an OTP.
- After entering the OTP (which will be sent on the mobile number as filled in the application form), the applicant will be able to download a copy of the Aadhaar card.