Jaipur Transport and Vehicle Registration Process

The Transport Department in Jaipur works towards providing reliable services towards improving the transport system in the city. Its primary services include registration of vehicles, controlling vehicular pollution, issue of driving licenses, issue of driving permits, and collection of road taxes. The department also deals with policy-making, implementation, and monitoring functions of all the Transport related functions in Jaipur.

Jaipur Transport and Vehicle Registration Process

Just like two wheeler insurance and car insurance, a vehicle registration certificate is mandatory in India. Application for the registration of a new vehicle has to be made in Form 20. The application can be submitted online through the web-based interphase. The printout of the application form has to be submitted at the respective RTO along with the following documents:

  • Sale Certificate of the vehicle in Form No.21
  • Form 22- Road worthiness certificate
  • Vehicle insurance certificate
  • Custom clearance receipts (in case of imported vehicles)
  • Form 22 (Part 2) in case the body has to be built over the chassis
  • Address proof of the applicant:
    • Identity proof with passport photographs of the applicant
    • School Leaving Certificate
    • Passport
    • LIC Copy
    • Electricity bill
    • Electoral Voter I-Card
    • Telephone Bill
    • Salary slips provided by the Central/State/Local Government
    • House Tax receipt
    • Affidavit by the applicant can be submitted as a proof of identification and residence

Registration of Vehicle and Issue of Smart Card RC Book

A new vehicle can be registered at the RTO. where the vehicle owner resides or have their place of business. Form No.20 can be downloaded online and can be submitted along with supporting documents and tax receipt. After verification of all the documents by the concerned RTO, a registration number is allotted to the vehicle. Unless the vehicle owner applies for a special number, the registration number electronically generated and assigned. The vehicle owner is intimated through an SMS or email. The RC book/card is sent to them via post.

You may also be interested in .

Registration of Special Two Wheeler Number

Those who intend to get a fancy number for their vehicles can do so through a public auction conducted at the RTO for the available series. The numbers that remain unsold are allotted with payment of Rs.1000 for bikes and Rs.5000 for four-wheelers.

Transfer of Vehicle Ownership

  • An application for transfer of vehicle ownership can be made in Form 29 and Form 30. A copy of the original chassis number also has to be submitted.
  • If the vehicle is passed on to a person as a result of inheritance, the application has to be made in Form 31. If the ownership has been transferred through a public auction, an application can be made through Form 32.
  • The original RC (Registration Certificate), Insurance Certificate, Pollution Under Control Certificate, proof of identity and proof of address are to be submitted along with the application.
  • Applicable fee needs to be paid.

To Record or Cancel Hypothecation details

  • To record hypothecation of a vehicle in the RC, an application in Form 34 is required to be made along with a copy of the chassis print. On the other hand, for cancellation of hypothecation, an application has to be made in Form 35
  • Applicable fee is to be paid
  • The copies of RC, insurance paper, PUC certificate are also to be submitted along with the application.

Change of Address in Registration Certificate

  • To record change in address, an application needs to be submitted in Form 33 along with original imprint of the chassis number.
  • If the vehicle has been bought on credit, a NOC has to be obtained from the vehicle financer.
  • The copies of Registration Certificate (RC), PUC certificate, and address proof are to be submitted and the applicable fee has to be paid.

Issue of Duplicate of RC Book

In case someone loses or misplaces their RC book, they can apply for a duplicate RC book in Form 26. Following documents are to be submitted along with the application:

  • Police FIR
  • NOC by the financer (if the vehicle was bought on loan),
  • Address proof of the vehicle owner
  • Insurance Certificate
  • Pollution Under Control (PUC)
  • Applicable fee

Issue of NOC (No objection Certificate) For The Vehicle

To obtain the ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’, the following documents are to be furnished.

  • Application in Form 28 along with Chassis print (3 copies)
  • Police clearance certificate
  • Address proof
  • Insurance certificate
  • Pollution Under Control Certificate

Registration of Vehicle Brought From Other State

If you wish to register a vehicle which is originally registered in another state, you can submit an application in Form-FT and Form 27. The following documents are to be submitted along with the application:

  • Copy of the chassis print
  • NOC from the RTO where the vehicle is previously registered in Form 28
  • Original Registration Certificate (RC)
  • Address proof
  • Insurance paper of the vehicle
  • PUC Certificate
  • Duly filled form 29, 30 or 33 are to be submitted to record change in address.
  • Vehicle needs to be presented for inspection
  • For change in ownership and address, Form No. 29 and 30 or 33 are to be submitted.
  • If a vehicle is gotten the State permanently, at that point the declaration in Form F.T. ought to be made within a period of 7 days.
  • The vehicle is required to be presented compulsorily for inspection.

Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.