Also known as Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram is the capital city of Indian state of Kerala. Thiruvananthapuram is one of the largest IT hub in India that is often referred to as the educational hub of Kerala. From parks, beaches, religious sites, temples, museums to various other nature's wonders, wildlife, and more, Thiruvananthapuram is popular for many things that have made it a center of attraction for many tourists from India and international destinations as well. The city's transport system has direct connectivity to all the major cities in India including many of the Asian countries. Being one of the popular city of choice for students as well as professionals, the city is one among the most populous city in Kerala. The majority of the city's population use two-wheelers and four-wheelers, buses, etc for the daily commute, business, and logistics requirements. The city's motor vehicle department has taken various initiatives to ensure the safety of the motorists on the road. Though the traffic law enforcement has introduced the latest rules and regulation which is more stringent, the safety factors are still questionable.
The increasing traffic situation and other factors such as accidents, wear-out, etc. are responsible for damaging vehicles to a great extent. Apart from being a mandatory document, an insurance policy can come in handy when there are expensive repairs to be taken care of. An insurance policy for a two-wheeler protects the owner of the vehicle with a cover against vehicle damage arising from accidents, natural calamities, theft, etc. The traffic law requires the owner of the vehicle to carry a valid two-wheeler insurance policy all the time while being on the road. There is primarily two types of two-wheeler insurance policy in India that also provides an option for add-on plan. An add-on plan strengthens the cover and provides more protection against uncertainties.
Two Types of Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
In India, the two-wheeler owners can choose from one of the two types of insurance policies listed below:
- Third Party Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy - This type of insurance policy allows an individual to protect his/her two-wheeler against damage caused by an accident. Depending on the insurer and cover, the policy will provide a certain amount of cover that the policyholder can claim.
- Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy - Under this type of two-wheeler insurance policy, the vehicle is protected from accidents, as well as, natural and manmade calamities. Whether the two-wheeler is subject to theft or been damaged or lost due to flood, fire, landslide, etc. the owner can claim for a certain amount of coverage based on the policy's terms and conditions.
The annualized premium for these types of policies is based on the motorcycles of scooter's make, model, and engine capacity. There are many two-wheeler insurers in Thiruvananthapuram who offer excellent insurance policies at competitive prices. Few of the two-wheeler insurers are mentioned in the following list:
Two-Wheeler Insurers in Thiruvananthapuram
- The New India Assurance Co. Ltd
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd
- HDFC ERGO
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd
- Oriental Insurance