Property Tax in Delhi:
Paying your property tax in Delhi isnt as cumbersome or annoying as you may think it is. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), has made it really simple to make payments through their online portal. The department has been trifurcated into the North Delhi Municipal Corporation, East Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation to ensure smooth and easy transactions, and to lower the burden of administration that falls on just one department.
Property Tax in Delhi is charged by the Delhi Municipal Corporation on all land and property that comes within its purview. Every year, the DMC announces a deadline by which time all taxes must be paid.
Paying MCD Property Tax Online:
- Step 1: This link https://www.mcdpropertytax.in/index.php will take you to a page in which you must select which trifurcated Municipal Corporation department you need to pay your taxes to (North, East or South).
- Step 2: Select the appropriate department based on your location.
- Step 3: Find the link that says Online Serviceson the bottom-right of the page.
- Step 4: Find the Property Tax section and select Online filing of property tax return.
- Step 5: Read the terms and conditions page, check the box confirming you have read them and click on the button that says Click here to file Property Tax (year).
- Step 6: Enter your Property ID in the box provided. You can find your Property ID on older Property Tax Challans/receipts. If you dont have a Property ID, click on the link at the bottom of the page.
- Step 7: If you have your property ID, enter it and go on to the next page. If you dont, fill out the form with all the details relating to your property. It is advisable to keep your property documents handy while filling out the form.
- Step 8: You will be directed to a page containing information about your property under an Ownership details document thats generated based on the information you have input and an automatic calculation will tell you how much you have to pay as tax.
- Step 9: Choose one of the payment options (cash, cheque, DD). There is an option to take a print out, its recommended that you do. You can also edit the Ownership details report in case something is wrong.
- Step 10: Click on Generate Challan (but make sure your details have all been entered correctly) and the official challan will be displayed, ready to print.
The online payment portal was created in order to establish and use a unique property identification code for every property in Delhi. The online tool also monitors and accordingly updates property tax arrears and penalties, in addition to calculating late fees and interest amounts.
Details about property Tax policies, laws, property tax rates, unit area values, taxable property types, exemption and rebate criteria, etc. are available through the link provided above.
Paying MCD Property Tax Offline:
If you dont wish to pay the property tax online, you can pay it at one of 800 strategically placed ITZ cash counters all across Delhi. You will instantly be issued a receipt after your offline payment which will contain a property tax ID which you must use for all future tax payments.
Please also note that if you do not remember or do not use your previously allotted ID, the system will allot a new one to you and this will create a whole new host of problems for you during future tax payments, and may even attract punitive action.
- Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru (A Khata) Property Tax
- Ahmedabad (AMC) Property Tax
- Bengaluru (B Khata) Property Tax
- BBMP Property Tax
- CCMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru A-Khata Vs B-Khata Property Tax
- NGG Property Tax
- IMC Property Tax
- KNN Property Tax
- KMC Property Tax
- Lucknow Nagar Nigam
- MCD Delhi Property Tax
- NMMC Property Tax
- Property Tax Chennai
- Property Tax Mumbai
- Property Tax Pune
- Guide To Paying Property Tax
- Tax On Income From House Property
- Tax on Owning Multiple Properties
- Loss from House Property
- File ITR1 With a Property Loan
- Capital Gain Tax On Sale Of Property
- Capital Gains On Property Sale
- Minimize Capital Gains Tax On Property
- NRI Property Selling
- Income Tax
- Income Tax Slab
- Sales Tax
- Service Tax
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Refund
- Income Tax Refund Status
- Income Tax Calculator
- e-Filing ITR
- Form 16
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- HRA Calculation
- Income From House Property
- How To Calculate Income Tax
- How To Pay Income Tax Online
- Which ITR To File
- ITR-V to Income Tax Department
- Challan 280
- Minimum Alternate Tax
- Tin Number
- Uninon Budget
- Income Declaration Scheme
- Agriculture in Union Budget
- Union Budget for Rural Sector
- Budget for Youth Employment
- Budget for Health Care Sector
- Railway Budget
- Union Budget for Energy Sector
- Union Budget for Financial Sector
- Fiscal Situation
- Funding of Political Parties in Budget
- Union Budget for Defence Sector
- Union Budget Expenditure
- Union Budget Receipts
- Budget Appropriation Bill
- Finance Bill
- Union Budget Analysis
- Union Budget for Senior Citizen
- Union Budget for Logistics Sector
- Maternity Benefits from Union Budget