Paying property tax in Chennai is a simple and hassle-free process. The online portal that has been set up for tax payments gives taxpayers the facility to calculate the tax to be paid and enables them to make the payments.
List of Zones under Chennai Municipal Corporation
The different zones that come under the Chennai Municipal Corporation along with their ward numbers are mentioned below:
|Zone number||Name of the Zone||Ward number|
|XIV||Perungudi||168, 169, 183-191|
Chennai Municipal Corporation Property tax Rates
|Type of Property||Rates (per square feet)|
|Residential||Rs.0.60 - Rs.2.40|
|Non-Residential||Rs.4 - Rs.12|
Steps to Pay Property Tax Chennai in online
The procedure to pay the property tax online in Chennai is mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit https://chennaicorporation.gov.in/gcc/
- Step 2: Under the ‘Online Payments’ tab, you will find the ‘Property Tax Payment’ option, click on it.
- Step 3: On the next page, click on ‘Property Tax Online Payment’.
- Step 4: Next, enter the zone number, division code, bill number, and sub number. The details can be found on your bill.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 6: On the next page, the amount that must be paid will be displayed. Choose the assessment year.
- Step 7: Choose the mode of payment.
You will receive an acknowledgment once the bill has been paid.
Chennai Property Tax Calculator
The procedure to use the property tax calculator is mentioned below:
- Visit https://erp.chennaicorporation.gov.in/ptis/citizen/citizenCalc.action
- Next, you will need to enter Floor Details, Resisdentail Portion and Non-Resisdentail Portion details.
- Click on ‘calculate Demand’, After that you able to see details of computation of the Demand.
The online calculator can be used only for test purposes.
Formula to Calculate Property tax chennai
The formula that must be used to calculate the property tax manually is mentioned in the table below:
|Monthly Rental Value = Basic Rate x Plinth Area||Rs.1,100 per month|
|Annual Rental Value = (Monthly Rental Value x 12) - 10% for the land||Rs.13,200 – Rs.1,320 = Rs.11,880|
|10% Reduction for Maintenance and Repairs||Rs.1,188|
|Value of the Building (Depreciated)||Rs.10,612|
|Addition of the Land Value (10%)||Rs.1,320|
|Annual Value of the Building and Land||Rs.10,612 + Rs.1,320 = 11.932|
Online Property Tax Receipt- Chennai Corporation
Follow belows steps to check chennai property tax receipt.
- Visti https://chennaicorporation.gov.in/gcc/online-payment/property-tax/property-tax-receipt/
- Enter details such as Zone no, division code, Bill no and Sub no.
- Click "SUBMIT" to get property tax online payment receipt.
Chennai House Tax Due Date and Penalty
The last date to pay the property tax in Chennai is 30 September and 31 March of each financial year. In case the property tax is not paid on time, a 2% penalty is levied.
FAQs on Property tax Chennai
- Will there bill any charges levied in case I pay the property tax online?
- What is the official website of the Chennai Corporation?
- Is it possible to register the mobile number online?
In case the property tax is paid via net banking or credit card, nominal charges may be levied.
The official website of the Greater Chennai Corporation is https://chennaicorporation.gov.in/gcc/online-services/.
Yes, you can register the mobile number on the official website of Greater Chennai Corporation.