Property (both commercial and residential) owners under the Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation (CCMC) have to pay property tax. The tax amount has to be paid every year. The tax is collected from the property holders by the CCMC based on the features of the property such as area, locality, occupant type, construction type, usage type, occupant type and prices pertaining in that specific zone.
CCMC Tax Calculator:
The website of CCMC has an online calculator, where the taxpayer can calculate their property tax and on this basis pay their taxes online. Individual tax dues can also be assessed by entering the assessment details in the portal.
Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation Property Tax Calculation:
In order to pay property tax in Coimbatore, it is essential to measure the plinth area (PA). The total built-up area that comprises covered areas including balconies and garages makes up the plinth area. In case the property is self-occupied, it is essential to determine the market’s current rent-per-square-foot similar properties in the area before calculating the property tax. If the property is rented, the rent per square foot, which is the monthly rental value (MRV), mentioned in the rent agreement should be taken into consideration. Visit the official website of CCMC and fill in the following details in order to calculate property tax of your residential or commercial plot:
- Total building plinth area
- Approved building area
- Unapproved building area
- Building usage (per sq. ft.)
- Building location
- Building type (residential or commercial)
- Age of the building
Points to Remember While Calculating Property Tax in Coimbatore:
The rate per sq.ft of your property depends on the zone in which your property lies and can be determined with the help of the area details published by Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation. In the same way, depreciation details can also be determined with the help of information provided on the CCMC website.
How to Pay Property Tax in Coimbatore:
House tax can be paid by either visiting the Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation office or online. Here are the steps to pay property tax through the portal:
- All the citizens of the city who have either residential or commercial property can pay their property tax online by going to the official website of CCMC.
- A self assessment form will be generated. Enter correct details and select the ‘Pay Property Tax Online’ option.
- The website will automatically redirect to the Payment Gateway, where preferred mode of payment can be selected.
- Once the payment is done, a receipt will be generated. A print out of the same can be submitted at the CCMC office.
Coimbatore Property Tax Online Payment:
The house tax can be paid online through the official portal of the Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation (CCMC) by entering details such as the name of the property holder, house no, locality, and other details.
Where to Pay Property Tax in Coimbatore?
The Municipal Corporation of Coimbatore offers its citizens an efficient online self-assessment system, where the person can fill in details for self assessment. Once all required details are filled, the system generates accurate property tax bill that needs to be paid, on or before the due date, in that financial year.
Property Tax Collection Centres in Coimbatore:
The most convenient way to pay your property tax bill in Coimbatore is by visiting the official website of CCMC. Select the option of “Property tax pay online” and enter appropriate details. Once all relevant details are furnished, the website is redirected to the gateway so that the taxpayer can select his preferred mode of payment. If you want to pay directly, then you will have to visit the Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation office. Following banks are registered with Municipal Corporation for property tax payment.
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- City Union Bank
- Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
- HDFC Bank
- Canara Bank
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Coimbatore Property Tax Receipt:
The receipt of CCMC property tax will have all details about the payment. These details include the application number, the assessment year, the tax payable, payment location, the cess applicable, any advances paid, and the total tax payable.
In case the payment mode is through cash, credit/debit cards or demand draft then the payment receipt will be issued immediately. If payment is online then a soft copy of the receipt will be generated that can be saved and a print out of the same can be taken as a proof.
Required Documents for Coimbatore Property Tax:
Assessment of Property Tax:
- Application in the prescribed form.
- Relevant documents of ownership.
- Approved plan and building licence true copies
Name Transfer for Property Tax:
- Application in the prescribed form.
- The Relevant documents for ownership.
- Legal heirship Certificate in the event of will and death of case.
- Death Certificate in the event of death case.
- Copy of up to dated Tax paid receipt.
- Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru (A Khata) Property Tax
- Ahmedabad (AMC) Property Tax
- Bengaluru (B Khata) Property Tax
- BBMP Property Tax
- CCMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru A-Khata Vs B-Khata Property Tax
- NGG Property Tax
- IMC Property Tax
- KNN Property Tax
- KMC Property Tax
- Lucknow Nagar Nigam
- MCD Delhi Property Tax
- NMMC Property Tax
- Property Tax Chennai
- Property Tax Mumbai
- Property Tax Pune
- Guide To Paying Property Tax
- Tax On Income From House Property
- Tax on Owning Multiple Properties
- Loss from House Property
- File ITR1 With a Property Loan
- Capital Gain Tax On Sale Of Property
- Capital Gains On Property Sale
- Minimize Capital Gains Tax On Property
- NRI Property Selling
- Income Tax
- Income Tax Slab
- Sales Tax
- Service Tax
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Refund
- Income Tax Refund Status
- Income Tax Calculator
- e-Filing ITR
- Form 16
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- HRA Calculation
- Income From House Property
- How To Calculate Income Tax
- How To Pay Income Tax Online
- Which ITR To File
- ITR-V to Income Tax Department
- Challan 280
- Minimum Alternate Tax
- Tin Number
- Uninon Budget
- Income Declaration Scheme
- Agriculture in Union Budget
- Union Budget for Rural Sector
- Budget for Youth Employment
- Budget for Health Care Sector
- Railway Budget
- Union Budget for Energy Sector
- Union Budget for Financial Sector
- Fiscal Situation
- Funding of Political Parties in Budget
- Union Budget for Defence Sector
- Union Budget Expenditure
- Union Budget Receipts
- Budget Appropriation Bill
- Finance Bill
- Union Budget Analysis
- Union Budget for Senior Citizen
- Union Budget for Logistics Sector
- Maternity Benefits from Union Budget