The Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) is in charge of collecting property tax in Navi Mumbai. The tax rate is set based on the value of the property and is collected annually. Payments can also be made online through the NMMC website.
Navi Mumbai has its property tax collected by the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation which came into being on January 1st 1992. Upon coming into effect, it took over the Provisions assigned to the Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporation and is responsible for the collection of property tax which is calculated using the rateable value of the property. Prior to the formation of NMMC, the property tax was collected in an ineffective manner by Gram Panchayats. The NMMC has now standardized the collection of property tax and has ensured a smooth and hassle free mode in which taxpayers can not only pay property tax but also pay other utilities such as water bills.
Online Payment of NMMC Property Tax
- Taxpayers can log onto the NMMC website wherein they can click on the payment tab located at the top of the page in the form of a banner. Clicking this tab will open a list of options with Property tax being the first in the list.
- Taxpayers need to click on this option and the page will be redirected to the online property tax payment page where the taxpayer will need to enter the property code assigned to the particular property
- Upon entering the details, the page will display the payable amount and the taxpayer can choose the mode of payment and complete the payment process
NMMC Property Tax Calculator
The NMMC home page has the option of services located at the top of the page. Taxpayers can click on this option and select property tax wherein they would be redirected to the property tax home page. Here taxpayers can click on the third option of “method for fixing rateable value” which will describe what the parameters are for commercial and non-commercial properties
For commercial properties, the property will be valued at Rs 65 per 20 sq. metres which amounts to a monthly rent of Rs 1300. The annual rent would work up to Rs 15,600 and the statutory deduction is 10% of this amount. The rateable value will amount to Rs 15600 – Rs 1560 which is Rs 14,040. The rate of tax is 68.33% of this rateable value for 20 sq. metres
For non-commercial properties or residential properties, the property will be valued at Rs 20 per 50 sq. metres which amounts to a monthly rent of Rs 1000. The annual rent would work up to Rs 12,000 and the statutory deduction is 10% of this amount. The rateable value will amount to Rs 12000 – Rs 1260 which is Rs 10,800. The rate of tax is 38.67% of this rateable value for 50 sq. metres.
Property Tax Other Pages
- BBMP Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Chennai Property Tax
- Mumbai Property Tax
- Pune Property Tax
- Coimbatore Property Tax
- MCD Property Tax
- Kanpur Property Tax
- Indore Property Tax
- Ahmedabad Property Tax
- Ghaziabad Property Tax
- A Khata Property Tax
- B Khata Property Tax
- Step by Step Paying Property Tax
- Calculate Income From House Property