The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (Amdavad Municipal Corporation) was established under the Bombay Provincial Corporation Act. The organization is known for implementing property tax reform and has now developed an online facility for payments.
Established in 1950 under the Bombay Provincial Corporation Act, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation or AMC takes care of civic infrastructure and administration of Ahmedabad. The corporation is famous for initiating different innovative initiatives such as issuing municipal bonds as well as implementing property tax reform by setting a “zero litigation” record. You can pay all your property-related taxes in Ahmedabad by contacting the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Zones & Ward
|1||North Zone||Sardarnaga, Noblenagar, Narodamuthiya, Kubernagar, Saijpur, Meghaninagar, Asarwa, Naroda road, India colony, Krushnagar, Thakkarnagar and Saraspur|
|2||South Zone||Maninagar, Kankaria, Baherampura, Danilimda, Ghodasar, Indrapuri, Khokhara, Vatva, Isanpur and Lambha|
|3||East Zone||Bapunagar, Rakhiyal, Gomatipur, Rajpur, Amraiwadi, Bhaipura, Mahavirnagar, Viratnagar, odhav, Arbudanagar, Vastral, Ramol, Nikol|
|4||Central Zone||Khadia, Kalupur, Dariapur, Shahpur, Raikhad, Jamalpur, Dudheshwar, Madhupura,Girdharnagar|
|5||West Zone||Paldi, Vasna, Ambawadi, Navrangpura, Stadium, Narnapura, New Wadaj, Juna Wadaj,Sabarmati, Chandkheda-Motera|
|6||New West Zone||Sarkhej, Vejalpur, Jodhpur, Bodakdev, Thaltej, Ghatlodia, Chandlodia, Ranip, Gota, Kali|
Steps to Pay Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Property Tax Online
Now, you can pay your Ahmedabad property tax or AMC Property Tax in online by visiting the website of Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation. You don’t have to personally visit the office of Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation to clear your property taxes. The corporation offers online property tax payment services to help you pay your property tax without facing any hassle.
In order to pay your property tax online, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(https://ahmedabadcity.gov.in/) and click on its “Online Service(Without Login) -Tax department - Pay Property Tax ”.
- Step 2: The page will ask for your tenament details. So, put the Tenament Number and click on ‘Search’.
- Step 3: Next, you will see the name of the owner, address, occupier (if any) and the amount pending. Click on the “Pay” button to initiate payment and clear the pending tax amount.
- Step 4: Clicking on the “Pay” button will redirect to a different page which will contain your tenement details and payment amount. On the same page, you need to provide your mobile number or e-mail id. After that, click on “Confirm”.
- Step 5: Once you click on the “Confirm” button, you will be redirected to a payment gateway wherein you need to enter your credit card details. You can also choose to pay via debit card.
- Step 6: When you make the payment via debit card/credit card, your credit card or debit card account will be debited immediately and you will receive a Transaction Reference Number as acknowledgment of your payment.
- Step 7: After that, your payment will be credited into Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation’s account either immediately or within 2 working days.
- Step 8: The receipt of the payment will be made available on the website of AMC or you can receive it via e-mail.
Ahmedabad Property Tax Bill
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation sends property tax bills through e-mails. It also sends SMS alerts to inform you about the property tax dues. A property tax bill usually contains the full cash value, taxable value, and assessed value of your property. The property tax department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has a good database of residents including their e-mail IDs and mobile numbers for sending e-bills. The corporation encourages e-billing of property tax to save money, time, and human resources.
Ahmedabad Property Tax Calculation
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation enables you to calculate property tax online. You can calculate your property tax in Ahmedabad by visiting the website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation wherein you need to enter the following details in the “self –assessment” section of the webpage:
- Location (very prosperous area, medium level, prosperous area and low level).
- Residential or non –residential property.
- Usage type (Indi. bunglow, tenament, hut, row house etc.)
- Types of construction (cellar, ground floor, upper level first floor, non-enclosed shed etc.)
The formula for manual calculation of property tax is as follows:
Property tax = Area x Rate x (f1 x f2 x f3 x f4 x fn)
f1 = weightage given to the location of the property
f2 = weightage given to the type of property
f3 = weightage given to the age of the property
f4 = weight assigned to residential buildings
fn = weight assigned to the user of the property
Due date and Penalty for Ahmedabad Property Tax
- Half-yearly once by march 31st and other by October 15th every year.
- If You pay advance tax then eligible for a 10% rebate.
- 2% per month fine for delayed payment.
FAQs on Ahmedabad Property Tax
1. What is the official web address to pay Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation tax Online?
The official web address to pay Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation tax is https://ahmedabadcity.gov.in/.
2. How many zones in Ahmedabad Corporation?
There are 6 zones in Ahmedabad Corporation north zone, south zone, east zonne, west zone, Central Zone and New West Zone.
3. How do I contact Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation?
Ahmedabad contact number 25391811 and email email@example.com