The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (Amdavad Municipal Corporation) was established under the Bombay Provincial Corporation Act. The organisation is known for implementing property tax reform and has now developed an online facility for payments.
Established in 1950 under the Bombay Provincial Corporation Act, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation or AMC takes care of civic infrastructure and administration of Ahmedabad. The corporation is famous for initiating different innovative initiatives such as issuing municipal bonds as well as implementing property tax reform by setting a “zero litigation” record. You can pay all your property related taxes in Ahmedabad by contacting the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
How to Pay Amdavad Municipal Corporation Property Tax Online
Now, you can pay your Ahmedabad property tax or AMC Tax in online by visiting the website of Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation. You don’t have to personally visit the office of Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation to clear your property taxes. The corporation offers online property tax payment services to help you pay your property tax without facing any hassle. In order to pay your property tax online, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(https://ahmedabadcity.gov.in/) and click on its “Online Service - Quick Pay - Pay Property Tax ”.
- Step 2: The page will ask for your tenament details. So, put the Tenament Number and click on ‘Search’.
- Step 3: Next, you will see the name of owner, address, occupier (if any) and the amount pending. Click on the “Pay” button to initiate payment and clear the pending tax amount.
- Step 4: Clicking on the “Pay” button will redirect to a different page which will contain your tenement details and payment amount. In the same page, you need to provide your mobile number or e-mail id. After that, click on “Confirm”.
- Step 5: Once you click on the “Confirm” button, you will be redirected to a payment gateway wherein you need to enter your credit card details. You can also choose to pay via debit card.
- Step 6: When you make the payment via debit card/credit card, your credit card or debit card account will be debited immediately and you will receive a Transaction Reference Number as acknowledgement of your payment.
- Step 7: After that, your payment will be credited into Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation’s account either immediately or within 2 working days.
- Step 8: The receipt of the payment will be made available on the website of AMC or you can receive it via e-mail.
AMC Property Tax Bill
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation sends property tax bills through e-mails. It also sends SMS alerts to inform you about the property tax dues. A property tax bill usually contains the full cash value, taxable value and assessed value of your property. The property tax department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has a good a database of residents including their e-mail IDs and mobile numbers for sending e-bills. The corporation encourages e-billing of property tax so as to save money, time and human resources.
Ahmedabad Property Tax Calculation
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation enables you to calculate property tax online. You can calculate your property tax in Ahmedabad by visiting the website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation wherein you need to enter the following details in the “self –assessment” section of the webpage:
- Location (very prosperous area, medium level, prosperous area and low level).
- Residential or non –residential property.
- Usage type (Indi. bunglow, tenament, hut, row house etc.)
- Types of construction (cellar, ground floor, upper level first floor, non-enclosed shed etc.)
Interest on Property Tax
Any failure to pay property tax on due date may attract penalty charges in the form of interest. Interest will charged on the amount due as property tax. Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation maintains a consumer friendly approach to recover its pending property taxes form defaulters. Recently, the corporation launched an incentive scheme for tax defaulters by giving them discounts on property tax interest rates.
Property Tax under 80C
You can get deduction on your income tax by investing in different properties. However, tax deduction received under section 80C of the Indian Income Tax Act cannot exceed Rs. 1.50 lakh in a single financial year. Tax deduction on investment in properties is applicable on the amount spent in buying or building a new residential house in the preceding year.
Capital Gain Tax on Property
When you sell or transfer your property to somebody, you need to pay tax on the amount received as profit from your property or capital investment. This is known as capital gains tax (CGT). It is a kind of tax that you pay on your capital gains which refer to the profits you earn from selling your capital assets such as house, mutual funds, bonds etc.
Property Tax Other Pages
- BBMP Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Chennai Property Tax
- Mumbai Property Tax
- Pune Property Tax
- Coimbatore Property Tax
- MCD Property Tax
- Kanpur Property Tax
- Indore Property Tax
- Kolkata Property Tax
- Ghaziabad Property Tax
- A Khata Property Tax
- B Khata Property Tax
- Step by Step Paying Property Tax
- Calculate Income From House Property