Established in 1950 under the Bombay Provincial Corporation Act, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation or AMC takes care of civic infrastructure and administration of Ahmedabad. The corporation is famous for initiating different innovative initiatives such as issuing municipal bonds as well as implementing property tax reform by setting a “zero litigation” record. You can pay all your property related taxes in Ahmedabad by contacting the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
How to Pay Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Property Tax Online:
Now, you can pay your property tax in Ahmedabad online by visiting the website of Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation. You don’t have to personally visit the office of Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation to clear your property taxes. The corporation offers online property tax payment services to help you pay your property tax without facing any hassle. In order to pay your property tax online, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and click on its “Online Service”.
- The page will ask for your tenament details. So, put the Tenament Number and click on ‘Search’.
- Next, you will see the name of owner, address, occupier (if any) and the amount pending. Click on the “Pay” button to initiate payment and clear the pending tax amount.
- Clicking on the “Pay” button will redirect to a different page which will contain your tenement details and payment amount. In the same page, you need to provide your mobile number or e-mail id. After that, click on “Confirm”.
- Once you click on the “Confirm” button, you will be redirected to a payment gateway wherein you need to enter your credit card details. You can also choose to pay via debit card.
- When you make the payment via debit card/credit card, your credit card or debit card account will be debited immediately and you will receive a Transaction Reference Number as acknowledgement of your payment.
- After that, your payment will be credited into Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation’s account either immediately or within 2 working days.
- The receipt of the payment will be made available on the website of AMC or you can receive it via e-mail.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Property Tax Bill:
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation sends property tax bills through e-mails. It also sends SMS alerts to inform you about the property tax dues. A property tax bill usually contains the full cash value, taxable value and assessed value of your property. The property tax department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has a good a database of residents including their e-mail IDs and mobile numbers for sending e-bills. The corporation encourages e-billing of property tax so as to save money, time and human resources.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Property Tax Calculation:
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation enables you to calculate property tax online. You can calculate your property tax in Ahmedabad by visiting the website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation wherein you need to enter the following details in the “self –assessment” section of the webpage:
- Location (very prosperous area, medium level, prosperous area and low level).
- Residential or non –residential property.
- Usage type (Indi. bunglow, tenament, hut, row house etc.)
- Types of construction (cellar, ground floor, upper level first floor, non-enclosed shed etc.)
What is Property Tax?
Property tax is the amount you as a property owner pay to the municipal corporation of your area. It is a type of direct tax charged directly on your assets such as shop, house, rented properties, real estate property, office block and land. Property tax is collected by local authorities who take into consideration certain factors such as the size of the property, its location, occupancy status, carpet area, built-up area and quality of construction while assessing property tax. The total value of your property is the key component based on which your property tax is assessed.
Property Tax India:
Property tax is charged either annually or semi - annually in India. It is the local municipal corporations that assesse and collect property tax from citizens residing in particular areas. The revenue received as property tax is used for funding education, charity, emergency service, recreational activities, transportation services and health and sanitary system in India. In India, property tax is not levied on central government properties as well as those properties which are laying unused.
Interest on Property Tax:
Any failure to pay property tax on due date may attract penalty charges in the form of interest. Interest will charged on the amount due as property tax. Ahmedabad Municipality Corporation maintains a consumer friendly approach to recover its pending property taxes form defaulters. Recently, the corporation launched an incentive scheme for tax defaulters by giving them discounts on property tax interest rates. The corporation took this move after it recovered Rs 125.03 crore as property tax by announcing incentives on interest for the non-payers. Between 1st December, 2013 to 31st January, 2014, AMC announced a discount of 70% on property tax interest rates for the defaulters in the residential category. Likewise, the corporation offered 100% discount on interest rates for those defaulters who had pending dues before 2000. The corporation had also announced a 50% waiver on interest for commercial property owners who had failed to pay property tax in the previous years.
Property Tax under 80C:
You can get deduction on your income tax by investing in different properties. However, tax deduction received under section 80C of the Indian Income Tax Act cannot exceed Rs. 1.50 lakh in a single financial year. Tax deduction on investment in properties is applicable on the amount spent in buying or building a new residential house in the preceding year.
Capital Gain Tax on Property:
When you sell or transfer your property to somebody, you need to pay tax on the amount received as profit from your property or capital investment. This is known as capital gains tax (CGT). It is a kind of tax that you pay on your capital gains which refer to the profits you earn from selling your capital assets such as house, mutual funds, bonds etc.
- Property Tax
- B Khata Property Tax
- BBMP Property Tax
- A Khata Property Tax
- A Khata & B Khata Property Tax
- Step by Step Guide for paying Property Tax
- Property Tax Mumbai
- Property Tax Pune
- Muncipal Corporation of Delhi Property Tax
- Property Tax Chennai
- Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation Property Tax