Kanpur is a city located in the state of Uttar Pradesh and although the population of this state is around the ballpark figure of 2.8 to 3.2 Million people the revenue collected from this city through property taxes had been historically low partly caused by vague tax rates and inconsistent payment methods. The ARV method used in collecting taxes was non-consistent and with the increase in properties, the method was becoming increasingly inefficient. To combat this, the Kanpur Municipal Corporation or KMC digitized its assessment registers and computerized the process of collecting property tax. The KMC has a portal that enables one to pay their property tax by entering the unique 15 digit PID assigned to it.
Paying your KMC Property Tax Online:
The payment portal in the KMC website follows a simple hassle free process which is below:
Click on Pay Your Property Tax Online link available on the home page.
Enter your unique PID number in the allotted box and click on continue. In case one has forgotten their PID number, there a few boxes below where they can enter key details such as name, zone number, address and ward number to get their PID.
After entering the PID number, the following page will display details of the taxable amount such as arrears, adjustments, interest on arrears and so on. One should go over these details and ensure the right information is displayed.
Upon clicking on continue, one can choose the payment method they prefer such as debit or credit card or net banking to pay the taxable amount.
KMC Property Tax Calculator:
On the homepage of the Kanpur Municipal Corporation website, under the Property tax information is a link that enables one to calculate the property tax for both residential and non-residential properties. The page will require the individual to enter key details of the property in question and will generate the details of tax to be paid based on the data entered.
Residential Property Tax:
The taxpayer should enter details such as name of the owner of the property, name of the occupant if the occupant is a tenant, plot number and address of the property, the respective ward and zone under which the property falls, year of construction and total area and covered are in square feet. Other details to be disclosed during calculation is the type of construction of the property and whether it is self-occupied or not.
Commercial Property Tax:
This tax is also calculated in a similar manner. The KMC website offers a page for calculating tax of non-residential buildings that require the taxpayer to enter details such as ward, zone, Mohalla, name of the owner and /or organization etc. There are certain other details that need to be specified upon which the page will calculate the total taxable amount that needs to be paid.
Rebates and Penalties from KMC:
- Public work buildings and charitable institutions, educational institutions, graveyards and ancient building earn a special rebate and does not have tax levied against them.
- KMC also provides rebates of discounted rates for particular parts of a property such as balconies, garages, corridors.
- Disabled people such as blind or handicapped people receive a tax rebate and have a certain percentage of tax that they are exempt from paying.
- Penalty for late payment of taxes are dependent on the size of the property and can range from Rs 100 to Rs 25,000.
KMC Property Tax Exemptions:
Properties used as Graveyards or for the disposal of the dead, buildings used for charitable purposes or public worship, schools and intermediate colleges, ancient buildings, properties that are below the value of Rs 360 and is the only property owned by the individual are the properties that are exempt from paying tax.
- Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru (A Khata) Property Tax
- Ahmedabad (AMC) Property Tax
- Bengaluru (B Khata) Property Tax
- BBMP Property Tax
- CCMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru A-Khata Vs B-Khata Property Tax
- NGG Property Tax
- IMC Property Tax
- KNN Property Tax
- KMC Property Tax
- Lucknow Nagar Nigam
- MCD Delhi Property Tax
- NMMC Property Tax
- Property Tax Chennai
- Property Tax Mumbai
- Property Tax Pune
- Guide To Paying Property Tax
- Tax On Income From House Property
- Tax on Owning Multiple Properties
- Loss from House Property
- File ITR1 With a Property Loan
- Capital Gain Tax On Sale Of Property
- Capital Gains On Property Sale
- Minimize Capital Gains Tax On Property
- NRI Property Selling
- Income Tax
- Income Tax Slab
- Sales Tax
- Service Tax
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Refund
- Income Tax Refund Status
- Income Tax Calculator
- e-Filing ITR
- Form 16
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- HRA Calculation
- Income From House Property
- How To Calculate Income Tax
- How To Pay Income Tax Online
- Which ITR To File
- ITR-V to Income Tax Department
- Challan 280
- Minimum Alternate Tax
- Tin Number
- Uninon Budget
- Income Declaration Scheme