The Kanpur Municipal Corporation or Kanpur Nagar Nigam is responsible for collecting property tax from residents of the city. The department has a digital portal that permits residents to make payments online. Tax rates differ for residential and commercial properties.
Kanpur is a city located in the state of Uttar Pradesh and although the population of this state is around the ballpark figure of 2.8 to 3.2 Million people the revenue collected from this city through property taxes had been historically low partly caused by vague tax rates and inconsistent payment methods. The ARV method used in collecting taxes was non-consistent and with the increase in properties, the method was becoming increasingly inefficient. To combat this, the Kanpur Municipal Corporation or KMC digitized its assessment registers and computerized the process of collecting property tax. The Kanpur Municipal Corporation has a portal that enables one to pay their property tax by entering the unique 15 digit PID assigned to it.
Steps to Pay Kanpur House Tax Online
The payment portal in the kanpur municipal corportaion follows a simple hassle free process which is below:
- Step 1: Click on "Pay Your Property Tax - Online" link available on the home page.
- Step 2: Enter your unique PID number in the allotted box and click on continue. In case one has forgotten their PID number, there a few boxes below where they can enter key details such as name, zone number, address and ward number to get their PID.
- Step 3: After entering the PID number, the following page will display details of the taxable amount such as arrears, adjustments, interest on arrears and so on. One should go over these details and ensure the right information is displayed.
- Step 4: Upon clicking on continue, one can choose the payment method they prefer such as debit or credit card or net banking to pay the taxable amount.
Kanpur Property Tax Self Assessment
On the homepage of the Kanpur Municipal Corporation website, under the Property tax information is a link that enables one to calculate the property tax for both residential and non-residential properties. The page will require the individual to enter key details of the property in question and will generate the details of tax to be paid based on the data entered.
Residential Property Tax:
The taxpayer should enter details such as the name of the owner of the property, name of the occupant if the occupant is a tenant, plot number and address of the property, the respective ward and zone under which the property falls, year of construction, and total area and covered area in square feet. Other details to be disclosed during calculation are the type of construction of the property and whether it is self-occupied or not.
Commercial Property Tax:
This tax is also calculated similarly. The Kanpur house tax website offers a page for calculating tax of non-residential buildings that require the taxpayer to enter details such as a ward, zone, Mohalla, name of the owner and /or organization, etc. Certain other details need to be specified upon which the page will calculate the total taxable amount that needs to be paid.
Rebates and Penalties from Kanpur Tax
- Public work buildings and charitable institutions, educational institutions, graveyards and ancient building earn a special rebate and does not have tax levied against them.
- Kanpur Municipal Corporation also provides rebates of discounted rates for particular parts of a property such as balconies, garages, corridors.
- Disabled people such as blind or handicapped people receive a tax rebate and have a certain percentage of tax that they are exempt from paying.
- Penalty for late payment of taxes are dependent on the size of the property and can range from Rs 100 to Rs 25,000.
Exemptions in Kanpur Nagar Nigam Property Tax
Properties used as Graveyards or for the disposal of the dead, buildings used for charitable purposes or public worship, schools and intermediate colleges, ancient buildings, properties that are below the value of Rs 360 and is the only property owned by the individual are the properties that are exempt from paying tax.
FAQs on Kanpur Nagar Nigam house tax
- What is the offficial website to pay kanpur house tax?
- Can I pay Kanpur Nagar Nigam house tax online?
- What are services offered by Kanpur Municipal Corporation website?
The official web address of Kanpur Municipal Corporation is http://kmc.up.nic.in/
Yes, online payment of kanpur property tax is available.
Pay Online Property Tax, calculate your property Tax, birth registration, death Registration.
Property Tax Other Pages
- BBMP Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Chennai Property Tax
- Mumbai Property Tax
- Pune Property Tax
- Coimbatore Property Tax
- MCD Property Tax
- Kolkata Property Tax
- Indore Property Tax
- Ahmedabad Property Tax
- Ghaziabad Property Tax
- A Khata Property Tax
- B Khata Property Tax
- Step by Step Paying Property Tax
- Calculate Income From House Property