The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has an online portal where one can pay their property taxes online.
Once on the page, simply select your Circle Number from the drop-down box that’s provided and enter your PTI Number. In case you do not know you PTI number, you can find out what it is by entering the owner’s name, door number and/or the old PTI number. Note that old PTI numbers are 14 digits long and new PTI numbers are 10 digits long.
Paying your GHMC Property Tax Online:
It’s a pretty simple and straightforward payment portal:
Step 1: Select your GHMC circle.
Step 2: Enter your PTI number in the second box and click submit.
Step 3: On the next page that loads, details of your arrears, taxable amount, interest on arrears, adjustments, etc. are mentioned. Review these to ensure everything is correct.
Step 4: Choose a payment method in the drop-down box at the bottom of the page. You can choose between credit card, debit card or net banking to pay off your property tax.
GHMC Property Tax Calculator:
There is a GHMC tax calculator at the other end of this link: GHMC,which will help you calculate your annual tax after considering your Total Plinth Area and Rent in Rs. / sft / month.
GHMC Residential Property Tax Calculation:
To calculate your residential property tax, follow the following steps:
Step 1: Measure your plinth area (PA). The plinth area is the total built-up area, which includes all covered areas including balconies and garages.
Step 2: Determine the current rent-per-square-foot in the market for similar properties in your area if the property is self-occupied. If you’ve rented the property out, you must consider the rent per square foot as stated in the rental agreement. This value is your Monthly Rental Value (MRV) per square foot.
Step 3: Calculate your residential property tax with this formula:
Annual Property Tax for Residential Property = PA x MRV (per sq.ft.) x 12 x (0.17 – 0.30) depending on the monthly rental value in the below table – 10% depreciation + 8% library cess.
|Monthly Rental Value||General Tax||Conservancy Tax||Lighting Tax||Drainage Tax||Total|
|Up to Rs.50||Exempt||Exempt||Exempt||Exempt||Exempt|
|Rs.51 – Rs.100||2.00%||9.00%||3.00%||3.00%||17.00%|
|Rs.101 – Rs.200||4.00%||9.00%||3.00%||3.00%||19.00%|
|Rs.201 – Rs.300||7.00%||9.00%||3.00%||3.00%||22.00%|
|Rs.300 and above||15.00%||9.00%||3.00%||3.00%||30.00%|
GHMC Commercial Property Tax Calculation:
Step 1: Measure your Plinth Area (PA).
Step 2: The MRV for commercial property is mentioned in the notifications distributed by the GHMC for the fixed monthly rent per square foot in different circles in different taxation zones. The MRV can be found at: GHMC Website Proposed Division of Zones
Step 3: Calculate the commercial property tax using this formula:
Annual Property Tax for Commercial Property = 3.5 x PA in sq.ft. x MRV in Rs./sq.ft.
Also note that:
- ATMs and cellular towers / hoardings are taxed as commercial property at the maximum with monthly rent of Rs.70 and Rs.50 per square foot, respectively.
- Educational institutions and hospitals are charged at the minimum with a monthly rent of Rs.8 and Rs.9.50 per square foot, respectively.
You can also register for self-assessment of property tax in Hyderabad by filling out the online form which requires the following details:
- Owner Details:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Phone number and e-mail ID.
- Locality name.
- Street/Road name.
- Permission number and permission date for the building in question.
- PIN code and building type (apartment / independent).
- Door number.
- Plinth area and floor usage type.
Taxes can also be paid at e-Seva counters, Citizen Service Centres, State Bank of Hyderabad Branches, Cheques/DDs made in favour of the “Commissioner, GHMC” and to Bill Collectors.
Rebates and Penalties from GHMC:
- The GHMC conducts a lucky draw for taxpayers who pay their taxes on time. A lucky draw prize amount of Rs.20,00,000 will be paid to one lucky winner who pays his taxes on time and enters the contest.
- GHMC has taken the initiative to promote the construction of “green buildings”. The owners of buildings that have rainwater harvesting facilities and generate power using use rooftop solar installations for power back up and heating will receive tax incentives.
- Late Payment of taxes will invite a penalty amount of 2% extra on their bill, every month.
GHMC Property Tax Exemptions:
All non-agricultural lands, buildings and structures are liable to be taxed. Although the tax rate varies based on how the property is used, but some properties can be wholly exempted from taxation (or at least receive some concessions).
- Properties owned by military servicemen, or ex-servicemen are 100% exempt from taxation.
- Places of religious worship are 100% exempt from taxation.
- Residential buildings, occupied by their owners, whose annual rental value is no more than Rs.600 are 100% exempted from taxation.
- Recognized educational institutions (up to std. X) are 100% exempted from taxation.
- Vacant premises will receive 50% concessions as “vacancy remission” after a field report has been generated by the tax inspector.
- Property Tax
- GHMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru (A Khata) Property Tax
- Ahmedabad (AMC) Property Tax
- Bengaluru (B Khata) Property Tax
- BBMP Property Tax
- CCMC Property Tax
- Bengaluru A-Khata Vs B-Khata Property Tax
- NGG Property Tax
- IMC Property Tax
- KNN Property Tax
- KMC Property Tax
- Lucknow Nagar Nigam
- MCD Delhi Property Tax
- NMMC Property Tax
- Property Tax Chennai
- Property Tax Mumbai
- Property Tax Pune
- Guide To Paying Property Tax
- Tax On Income From House Property
- Tax on Owning Multiple Properties
- Loss from House Property
- File ITR1 With a Property Loan
- Capital Gain Tax On Sale Of Property
- Capital Gains On Property Sale
- Minimize Capital Gains Tax On Property
- NRI Property Selling
- Income Tax
- Income Tax Slab
- Sales Tax
- Service Tax
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Refund
- Income Tax Refund Status
- Income Tax Calculator
- e-Filing ITR
- Form 16
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- HRA Calculation
- Income From House Property
- How To Calculate Income Tax
- How To Pay Income Tax Online
- Which ITR To File
- ITR-V to Income Tax Department
- Challan 280
- Minimum Alternate Tax
- Tin Number
- Uninon Budget
- Income Declaration Scheme
- Agriculture in Union Budget
- Union Budget for Rural Sector
- Budget for Youth Employment
- Budget for Health Care Sector
- Railway Budget
- Union Budget for Energy Sector
- Union Budget for Financial Sector
- Fiscal Situation
- Funding of Political Parties in Budget
- Union Budget for Defence Sector
- Union Budget Expenditure
- Union Budget Receipts
- Budget Appropriation Bill
- Finance Bill
- Union Budget Analysis
- Union Budget for Senior Citizen
- Union Budget for Logistics Sector
- Maternity Benefits from Union Budget