Funded 70 years ago, United Bank of India is one of the oldest and most well-known government run bank in India. The bank offers several financial products and services and has been the recipient of several awards over the decades. In an effort to provide their customers with transact digitally, the bank has also introduced WAP (wireless application protocol) based mobile banking service wherein the customer can access the bank’s website using the browser on their mobile phone.to know more about the services offered under WAP-based mobile banking,, its eligibility and how to use it, read further.
Banking Services Available
Following are the banking services which customers can efficiently carry out with the help of the WAP-based mobile banking facility.
- Balance enquiry - With this feature, customers will be able to view not only the balance that is remaining in their account but also a history of the last 8 transactions which they have carried out from their bank account.
- Mini statement – Customers can view a mini statement of their account activity which will consist of the last 8 transactions.
- Cheque status enquiry – With this option, customers the view the status of a cheque which they may have issued. They will be able to find out if the cheque has been cashed, is still unused or has been stopped.
- Stop payment of cheque – If the customer has issued a cheque but wishes to stop payment on that cheque, they can request for the same via the WAP mobile banking service. The charges applicable for stopping payment on a cheque will be similar to those applicable for the same service availed across the counter.
- Service Outlet Locator – if you wish to locate the nearest UBI branch or ATM near you, you can easily do so with the help of the branch locator service present on the website. Select your city or provide your PIN code and the tool will display the address of the Branch or ATM that is close by.
- Intra-bank Fund Transfer – Customers can carry out fund transfers not only to themselves but also to third party accounts held with the same bank. For this, they must add the beneficiary using the latter’s account number or even mobile number (if beneficiary also uses mobile banking).
- Inter-bank fund transfer – Customers can transfer funds to beneficiaries holding accounts with other banks using electronic fund transfer methods like NEFT or IMPS for immediate fund transfer.
- Mobile Recharges – Customers registered with telecom operators in a few select circles will be able to recharge their prepaid mobile phone number using the WAP based mobile banking service.
- Movie Tickets – With the WAP-based mobile banking service, customers can also book movie tickets online.
Eligibility for UBI WAP-based Mobile Banking
Customers of any United Bank of India branch holding a Savings account or Current Account with the bank are eligible for using the WAP-based mobile banking service.
How To Activate UBI WAP-based Mobile Banking Service
Following are the steps for activating the WAP-based mobile banking service.
- After the customer has registered with the bank branch to avail the service, they will receive an application password & mPIN on their registered mobile number.
- To sign up for the service, customers must visit https://mobile.fssnet.co.in/mpaywap/unbi from their mobile phone’s browser and tap on ‘Sign Up’.
- On this page, they will be asked to enter their mobile number, application password and mPIN.
- Once the details entered by the customer are authenticated, they will receive an OTP (one time password) via SMs on their registered mobile number.
- The OTP must be entered in the corresponding field and will be validated by the system. After successful validation, the customer will be redirected to another page where they must create and confirm their new WAP password.
- Once the WAP password has been successfully updated and changed on the bank’s system, the customer will be asked to update their mPIN as well.
- After the mPIN has been updated on the bank’s server, the customer is ready to start using the WAP-based mobile banking service.
How To Use The UBI WAP-Based Mobile Banking Service
Following are the steps involved to use the WAP mobile banking services.
- To start off, the customer must visit http://mobile.fssnet.co.in/mpaywap/unbi and go to the Main Menu Page.
- They must then go to the Login section and enter their mobile number and WAP Password.
- After the details have been authenticated, the customer must enter the OTP that is delivered to them via SMS.
- After the OTP has been entered and validated by the bank’s server, the customer will be re-directed to the bank’s home page from where they can access various services.
What To Remember
When using the WAP mobile banking service, customers must ensure that they do not reveal their mPIN or WAP password to anyone as it may compromise the safety of their account. Also, it is important that the customer regularly change their mPIN and WAP password.