PNB Prudent Sweep Account is a savings deposit account offered by Punjab National Bank for individuals. This savings account comes with excellent features and benefits and is one of the most sought-after savings deposit accounts among account holders.
Features and benefits of PNB Prudent Sweep account
- Customers can open a PNB Prudent Sweep account with an initial deposit of Rs.500
- The minimum quarterly average balance is Rs.5,000 for rural and semi-urban areas and Rs.10,000 for urban and metro areas
- The tenure ranges from 7 days to one year
- Customers get 2 free remittances and collection of cheques up to Rs.25,000 per month
- 100 free cheque leaves in a financial year
- Internet banking services
- ATM card facility
- 50% concession on annual maintenance charges for demat services for the first year only
- Swipe in on these accounts will take place after the cut -ff balance of Rs.1 lakh and in multiples of Rs.10,000
- Swipe out will take place on 5th, 15th, and 25th of every month. If there is a holiday on any one of these days, swipe out will be on the next working day
Documents required to open a PNB Prudent Sweep account
The following documents are required to open Punjab National Bank Prudent Sweep account:
- One passport size colour photograph
- Identity proof like passport/driving license/voter's ID/photo debit/credit card
- Address proof like passport/driving license/voter's ID/utility bill
- Duly-filled account opening form
- PAN card or Form 60/61 where PAN card is not available
- Birth certificate of the minor
How to apply for a PNB Prudent Sweep account?
- Customers who wish to open a PNB Prudent Sweep account can visit the bank’s registered website and open the account online by filling the form available and submitting it.
- Alternatively, customers can visit a PNB branch and fill the account opening form and submit it to the bank officer.
Fees and charges
|Demand draft revalidation||Rs.100|
|Demand draft cancellation charge||
|Cancellation of instruments||Rs.100|
|Issuance of duplicate demand drafts||
|Issuance of passbook||Free|
|Account closure charges||Rs.100 if the customer closes the account within 1 year of its opening|
|Collection of local cheques through clearing||Free|
|Registration for standing instruction||Rs.50|
|Execution of standing instruction||Rs.35 + Remittance Charges+ Out of pocket expenses|
|Transfer of funds between accounts at all the branches||Free|
|For presenting cheque at outstation branches through inward clearing||Free|
|Collection of cheques through non-base outstation branches||Free|
|IMPS charges||Rs.5 per transaction plus service tax|
|Charges for issuing add-on card||Rs.50 per card|
|Charges for issue of duplicate ATM PIN||Rs.25|
|Issue of ATM/Debit Card with photograph of the cardholder||Rs.25|
PNB Prudent Sweep Account FAQs
- Who can open a PNB Prudent Sweep account?
Only individuals are eligible to open a PNB Prudent Sweep account.
- Will I incur incidental charges?
Yes. Incidental charges will be levied per quarter if the stipulated quarterly average balance is not maintained. Rs.150 will be charged for rural and semi-urban areas while Rs.300 will be charged for urban and metro areas.
- What are the charges for NEFT transactions?
No fee is charged for inward remittance. For outward NEFT transactions, the fees are as follows:
Amount Fees Up to Rs.10,000 Rs.2.50 + service tax Rs.10,000 to Rs.1,00,000 Rs.5 + service tax Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.2,00,000 Rs.15 + service tax Above Rs.2,00,000 Rs.25 + service tax
- Will I be charged any fees if my debit transactions exceed 50?
Yes. There is a charge if you exceed the first 50 free debit card transactions. You will be charged Rs.5 for every extra debit transaction.
- Do I have Safe Depsoit Locker Facility?
Yes. You can make use of the bank’s Safe Deposit Locker Facility.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.