About ICICI Bank IMPS
IMPS or Immediate Payment Service is an electronic fund transfer service that is offered by ICICI Bank. With this service, customers can transfer funds from their bank account securely and instantly. The IMPS facility can be accessed not only via the ICICI net banking platform but also via their mobile banking app or from your phone’s browser. All you need is an internet enabled laptop/PC or a mobile phone with data access. IMPS allows you to transfer funds not only to other ICICI accounts but also other IMPS enabled non-ICICI accounts. When making an IMPS transaction, the money is credited to the beneficiary’s account almost instantly. Also, the IMPS service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all through the year. You can make IMPS transactions even on bank holidays and Sundays.
Who Is Eligible For ICICI Bank IMPS
Any individual who is an ICICI Account holder and has registered their mobile number with the bank is eligible to use the IMPS facility to transfer funds.
Benefits of ICICI Bank IMPS
- Instant money Transfer - IMPS is an instant money transfer service which has been provided by NPCI and offered by ICICI. The specialty of this service is that it allows money to be transferred in an instant. Once the transaction is complete, the money is credited to the beneficiary’s account almost immediately.
- Available 24x7x365 - Now you no longer have to wait for even 24 hours to transfer money to a beneficiary. With IMPS, you can transfer money any time, be it any hour of the day, any day of the week or year, including Sundays and even bank holidays.
- Available via Multiple Channels - you can access ICICI Bank’s IMPS facility via multiple channels. IMPS transactions can be done via ICICI internet banking, mobile banking or via the m.dot site using your browser.
- High Daily Transaction Limit - ICICI offers its customers a high daily transaction limit for IMPS transactions. You can transfer up to a maximum of Rs.10,000 per day using IMPS.
- Nominal Fees - ICICI charges its customers a very nominal fee in exchange for the IMPS service. Transactions between the range of Re.1 and up to Rs.1 lakh will be charged at Rs.5 + service tax/transaction; Transactions ranging between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.2 lakh will carry a charge of Rs.15 + service tax/transaction.
- Track Transaction Easily - You can easily track all your IMPs transactions done via any of ICICI’s channels. All IMPS transactions are assigned a RRN number or Transaction reference number using which you can track your transaction.
How To Transfer Money Using ICICI Bank IMPS
You can make IMPs-based money transfers via several channels like the ICICI iMobile app or ICICI internet banking. Given below is the step-wise process to transfer money by using either IFSC and account number or MMID and mobile number.
|IFSC & A/c No.||MMID & Mobile No.|
Using ICICI Internet Banking
|IFSC & A/c No.||MMID & Mobile No.|
Beneficiary Details Required For ICICI Bank IMPS
To transfer money via IMPS, you can need to provide the following beneficiary details:
- Beneficiary's 10 digit mobile number
- Beneficiary’s MMID
ICICI Bank IMPS FAQs
- What will happen to my funds if the IMPS transaction is declined or has failed?
If the bank has declined your IMPS transaction, the funds will be credited to your account within 2+ working days. However, in case the funds have not been credited within this time, you must contact the bank’s customer care department via phone or via email.
- Can I transfer money via IMPS from my ICICI bank account to an account held with any other bank?
You can transfer money via IMPS from your ICICI account to a beneficiary whose account is with an IPS member bank.
- What is I have entered incorrect details of the beneficiary?
To transfer funds using MMID and mobile number, you need to provide both these details of the beneficiary which are verified before the funds are transferred. If any of these details are incorrect, the bank will automatically decline the transaction and no funds will be debited from your account.
- Can I use the IMPS service to transfer money overseas?
No, the IMPS service can only be used to transfer money to IMPS member bank accounts within India.
- Are there any specific timings for making an IMPS transaction?
The IMPS service is available for use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can even transfer money on Sundays and bank holidays.
- Will I get a notification regarding the IMPs transaction that I have carried out?
Yes, you will receive an SMS confirmation about the IMPS transaction giving details of the remaining account balance and the amount transferred.