The Unified Payment Interface(UPI) offered by Catholic Syrian Bank (CSB) is named CSBPAY. This is a multi functional UPI app that is powered by NPCI. Once downloaded and installed, it will operate on your Android mobile phone and will enable you to collect, send, or receive payments in a hassle-free and secure manner.
CSB was one of the first banks in India to go live on the UPI platform. Customers of the bank can opt to send or receive funds using multiple credentials, such as mobile number, Aadhaar number/UIDAI, UPI virtual address, account number, and IFSC. The fund transfer will be executed through a virtual payment address that negates the need to reveal your account number and bank IFSC code to others. This makes CSB UPI a highly secure mode of fund transfer.
Key features and benefits of CSB UPI
The salient features and benefits of the CSB UPI app are listed below:
- Customers can perform real-time fund transfer 24x7 through the app.
- The facility is available to customers who have an account with CSB. Customers of other banks can also download and use the app if their banks are live on the UPI platform and have enrolled for IMPS.
- Fund transfers through CSB UPI are extremely secure, as there is no need to divulge the customer’s account details.
- A significant feature of the CSB UPI application is the facility to request for fund collection from another user.
- Funds are transferred to the beneficiary through the following channels:
- A virtual payment address that resembles an email ID
- Account number and IFSC code
- Aadhaar number of the sender
- Mobile number
- The user can add multiple bank accounts in the same mobile application.
- Payment to merchants can be performed effortlessly using the CSB UPI app.
- The app uses the MPIN of the customer’s bank account for funds transfer.
- If the user changes the mobile handset, he/she will have to register again to the CSB UPI service.
- The login details and MPIN of the user should be kept confidential and should not be recorded anywhere.
How to install and register to CSB UPI
Step 1 - Download the CSB UPI application from the Google Play Store.
Step 2 - You will be required to verify your mobile number. You should update your profile and create a virtual payment address. This virtual address is in the format, abc@csbpay, where abc is a unique identifier. The four digit login PIN for the app should be set up next. This PIN is confidential and should not be revealed.
Step 3 - Through the ‘Manage Accounts’ menu option, connect your bank account with the virtual address. This is a crucial step, as it is necessary to perform transactions using the CSB UPI.
Step 4 - Once the bank account is linked, you will have to set your 4-digit MPIN. Click on the ‘Register MBanking/Set UPI Credentials’ option for the same. The MPIN will be used every time you transact through CSB UPI.
Step 5 - The registration process is complete. You can start using the app immediately for fund transfer.
Catholic Syrian Bank has an efficient customer service cell that can be contacted through phone banking between 8am and 8pm IST on all days. The toll-free numbers for the same are 1800 266 9090 (within India) or +914226612300 (from overseas, charges applicable).
CSB UPI FAQs
- What mobile platforms support CSB UPI?
Currently the CSB UPI app can only be installed on Android phones with versions 4.4.4 and above. The service will soon be extended to include Windows handsets and iOS phones as well.
- Can registration to CSBPAY be done using dual SIM mobile phones?
Yes, registration to CSBPAY is possible through dual-sim handsets. At the time of installation, the app will automatically read the active SIMs available on the phone. The user will then be prompted to choose the SIM from which the registration will be done. It should be noted that the user should register the mobile number with the bank before registration to CSBPAY.
- How does UPI differ from mobile banking?
When a customer has accounts in multiple banks, he/she is required to download the mobile banking apps of all those banks in order to transact from each account. In the case of CSB UPI, customers of any bank can download the app and use it for fund transfer. The user can link all of his/her bank accounts under a single app. Transactions can also be performed from any of the accounts.
- What are PULL and PUSH transactions?
In PULL transactions, you collect money from another user through the UPI app. A PUSH transaction is one in which you send money to a recipient.
- How does collect authorization work?
When a third party sends you a request for funds, the details of the request are queued for authorization. If you accept the request, the transaction will be triggered. In case you decline the collect request, the fund transfer will not proceed.
- Is it possible to add beneficiaries in advance for ease of operation during fund transfer?
Yes, this is possible. Addition of beneficiaries can be done easily and well in advance. Beneficiary addition is done for transfers using the following parameters:
- Virtual payment address
- Account number and IFSC
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile number and MMID
After the beneficiary is added, the entry can be picked up easily in pay, collect, or manage funds screen. Following this, the funds can be transferred instantaneously.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.