With over 4500 branch offices and over 13,500 ATMs installed in India and across the globe, ICICI is the second-largest bank by asset size and third-largest bank by market capitalization in India. Headquartered in Mumbai and Vadodara, ICICI has subsidiaries, branch offices, and representative offices in over 15 countries. Its service portfolio includes a range of products such as loans, insurances, savings account, debit and credit cards, amongst others.
All those holding an ICICI Bank Account can utilise its Internet Banking and Mobile Banking facilities to conveniently perform many of the banking operations without visiting a branch office. Users may pay their bills, recharge phone and DTH, transfer funds, and shop online in a matter of seconds. With digitalization becoming a necessity for businesses and people in general, ICICI Net Banking and Mobile Banking solve many of the challenges that traditional brick and mortar establishments are beset with.
Shop Online With Ease
When users shop online and are redirected to the payments page, there are multiple payment options such as debit cards, credit cards, Internet banking, mobile banking, cash wallets amongst others that are provided to the user to choose from. ICICI Net Banking comes as one of the most convenient payment options as users can make payments easily by entering only the User ID and the password. Remembering User ID and Password can be much easier than remembering the card number, card expiry date and CVV number that needs to be filled in case they make the payment through debit or credit cards. Also, Net Banking comes as a safe option as you may avoid saving your card details in merchant sites.
Transfer Funds Swiftly:
ICICI account holders may transfer funds to their near and dear ones and their professional and business associations using their mobile devices or through web browsers in a matter of seconds. There are multiple options to transfer funds to any person having an account in any of the recognised banks in India and abroad. The best thing about using ICICI Mobile and Net Banking is that the user's face no time or location constraints and can transfer funds and perform other banking functions 24/7 and 365 days a year as long as they have access to Internet.
Pay Utility Bills:
Gone are the days when people had to stand in long queues for hours to pay their electricity, telephone, or water bills. With ICICI Net Banking, users today can pay a range of bills and deposit insurance premium anytime anywhere without wasting their time and efforts. Paying utility bills for government as well as private services has become an easy affair as most of these organizations have their own websites and online payments are encouraged by them in general. Mobile or DTH recharge can also be done through ICICI Mobile Banking by just selecting the operator, entering the mobile number and recharge amount.
ICICI Net Banking – Important Safety Tips
- Always enter the correct URL to access ICICI Net Banking.
- Switch to paperless banking. Receive your monthly bank statements, demat statements, and credit card bills through email.
- Monitor daily account activity and check your account balance as well as periodical statements through ICICIBank.com. This would help in detecting fraudulent transactions if any.
- Receive free alerts on all transactions in your ICICI account by registering yourself for mobile banking.
- Accessing Internet Banking from a shared computer or cyber café must be avoided. However, if it’s unavoidable, change your passwords from your own devices.
- Logout from your ICICI Net Banking or Mobile Banking account, once you finish a session.
- Disable the ‘Auto Complete’ function if your login ID or password automatically appear on a secured website to ensure protection of your credentials.
- Change your login passwords and transaction password at least once in a month. The passwords should be strong and not easily guessable. Make use of special characters, numbers, small, and capital letters.
- Refrain from sharing your Internet Banking Details with anyone. Do not entertain telephone calls asking for your card details or passwords.
ICICI Bank i-safe
‘i-safe’ is an application from ICICI Bank that enhances the security of a user’s online account through a One Time Password (OTP) sent to their registered mobile number. In any unusual activity on a user’s account, i-safe generates an OTP to authenticate the user before processing their request.
Points to Be Noted
- Never share your OTP with anyone not even with a person claiming to be an ICICI Bank employee.
- An OTP is valid only for the current session, a single OTP cannot be used more than once.
- It is advisable to install an Antivirus, Flash Player and Java in your device.
PIN And Password Safety Measures To Keep In Mind
- The PIN mailer should be destroyed after a PIN is memorised.
- The Pin should be changed after first use and should be changed every month to ensure enhanced security.
- Choose a password which has a combination of small and capital letters, special characters, and numbers.
- Refrain from using passwords that are easy to guess and obvious.
- Disable the ‘Auto Complete’ function in your browser if your User ID and password automatically appear on a secured website.
- Avoid saving your passwords on your personal devices or on paper or notepad. Memorize your passwords for better safety online.