Overview about Sukanya Samriddhi Account Mobile Application
Given the patriarchal nature of most societies in the world, women have found it very hard to fully develop their potential and they have to struggle a lot to get basic things like education. The Indian Prime Minister realised the urgent need to address this issue and thus in order to secure the future of a girl child, he introduced the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme in 2015. Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme is a Savings Scheme that allows the parents of the girl child to save money for their daughter’s education and marriage.
Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
The features of the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme are as follows –
- Only one account can be opened by the parents or the legal guardian in the name of the girl child
- The minimum amount of deposit is Rs.1000 and the maximum amount of deposit is Rs.1.5 Lakhs
- The money can be deposited for a tenure of 14 years from the opening date of the account
- One can close the account after 21 years. If it is not closed, then the balance on the account will keep earning the interest
- The rate of interest offered on this scheme is 9.2 percent per annum, which is compounded yearly
- Parents can open this account anytime from the date of birth of the girl child up to the time she is 10 years old
- One can close the account before the specified tenure once 18 years are completed. They can do so only if the girl child is married at the end of 18 years
Android Mobile Application for Sukanya Samriddhi Account
One can download the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Mobile Application on their Android phones. Developed by Nembooli Soft Finance, this application is only 2.3 megabytes in size. The Application has multiple tabs which makes it easy for people to navigate.
Features of the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Android Mobile Application
- Depositors can plan their savings using the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Android Mobile Application. They can do so by clicking on the ‘Plan’ tab, available on the home screen of the application. When someone selects this tab, they have to enter the amount they wish to deposit, the rate of interest and click on ‘Generate’. Clicking on ‘Generate’ will calculate the interest and provide them with a detailed information about the balance they will have in their account every year till the date of maturity.
- If depositors plan to deposit money every month, they can calculate the amount they will receive on maturity using the monthly calculator available on this application. They have to click on the ‘Monthly’ tab to use the monthly calculator. On selecting the tab, they will be directed to another page where they have to enter the deposit amount, interest and select ‘Generate’, which will give them the required information.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Account Android Mobile Application allows depositors to calculate the amount they will receive on maturity, if they plan to deposit the money on a yearly basis. They can calculate the amount using the yearly calculator, which can be found by selecting the ‘Yearly’ tab on the home screen of the application.
These are some of the features of the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Android Mobile Application. This application has made it really simple for depositors as they can plan their savings by having full knowledge of the amount their daughter will receive at the end of the tenure.