“Global Village”, this is the term used to define the world as it currently stands, welcoming people from different parts of the globe to become integral members of this village. New opportunities have paved way for people to explore unknown territories, moving away from the comfort of their home to rediscover themselves. Indians have been in the forefront of experimentation, finding places for themselves in different parts of the globe. This ambitious nature of Indians accounts for the large population of NRIs or Non-Resident Indians who call the world their home.
Regardless of how far these NRIs might be from their homeland, they always find ways to stay connected. One way to maintain this connection is through investments in India, investments which can help both the individual and the country grow. The Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme is one such avenue which aims to promote the welfare of the girl child by offering financial security to fulfil her educational and marriage needs.
Status of Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts for NRIs
Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme aims to elevate the status of girls in the country, with a vision to put them on par with global standards. This scheme has elicited a lot of response from the NRI community abroad but as per the current provisions of this scheme NRIs are not eligible to open Sukanya Samriddhi account for their daughters.
With increased participation of the NRI community in Indian life and politics, there is a possibility that this scheme might be extended to cover NRIs in the future. This would depend on the government in power at that time and is currently nothing more than a speculation. The status quo, as of now does not permit NRIs to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- Beti Padhao Beti Bachao
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In Post Office
- Age Limit under the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Eligibility
- How to Check Sukanya Samriddhi Account Balance
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Premature Withdrawal
- How to Transfer Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Loan against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Allahabad Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Bank of Baroda Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sbbj Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- SBP Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Uco Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Union Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Vijaya Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- PNB Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- List of Banks Offering Sukanya Samriddhi Savings Account
- Punjab and Sind Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rules Relating To Sukanya Samriddi Account Yojana
- United Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rbi Rules For Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening
- Alternative Birth Certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya samriddhi Yojana Account For OCI And PIO
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Children Mutual Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Fixed Deposit
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Public Provident Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Recurring Deposit