Small savings schemes are extremely beneficial & easy to understand where the commoners of the country are concerned. At a fairly cheaper price, you can get easy insurance coverage for your daughter. Sukanya Samriddhi is the best option for your daughter.
It is said that an ocean is comprised of individual water droplets, each one playing a crucial role in shaping the vastness of an ocean. Small Savings Schemes are like such droplets, they might seem insignificant but play a huge role in building assets and creating wealth. One such small savings scheme which has been designed exclusively to aid the girl child is the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme. Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015, this scheme aims to provide an ocean of opportunities for girls, helping them achieve their educational dreams.
While most schemes look simple on paper, their effectiveness lies in how easy they are to open and use. Sukanya Samriddhi is one scheme which is easy to understand and implement, ensuring that an individual can open and maintain this account without any hassle.
On 23 July 2018, the criteria for minimum annual deposit for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account has been revised to Rs.250 from the earlier amount of Rs.1,000. Also the interest rate for the July-September quarter is 8.1%.
Documents needed to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Individuals who wish to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account for their daughter need to submit the following documents.
- Birth certificate – The parents/legal guardian should provide proof of birth of girl child to the relevant authorities. This birth certificate can be obtained from the hospital where the child was born or through government agencies. In case the birth certificate cannot be obtained, a certificate of domicile issued by government officials will be needed. If this certificate cannot be obtained, one could get a certificate of the date of birth from the principal of the school in which the girl studies.
- Address proof of parents/legal guardian – The parents/legal guardian who wish to open this account on behalf of a girl child are expected to furnish proof of their residence before an account can be opened. This address proof could be any valid government approved ID card like passport, driving license, ration card, electricity/telephone bill, etc.
- Identity proof of parents/legal guardian – The parents/legal guardians who intend to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account for their daughter should present a valid ID proof in order to process the application. This could be any government issued ID card like driving license, passport, Aadhar card, voter ID card, etc.
It is important for the birth certificate to have the correct name of the girl child as this document makes her eligible to withdraw the money on maturity and discrepancies in certain details could cause delays and complications in the future. The bank will issue a passbook containing details about the girl child. This passbook needs to be updated everytime a deposit is made and is required at the time of withdrawal.
Sukanya Samriddhi Top Pages
- SSY Calculator
- Bank of Maharashtra SSY
- Dena Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana NRI
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Tax Exemption
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Post Office
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Age Limit
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Online Check
- Online Transfer to SSY
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojaa Bank List
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Children Mutual Fund
Sukanya Samriddhi Other Pages
- Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Central Bank of Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Corporation Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- IDBI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Indian Overseas Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Benefits
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In Axisbank
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In SBH
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In State Bank Of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Beti Padhao Beti Bachao
- Loan against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana