Changing EPF Nomination Online
Accumulation plus interest upon resignation, retirement, or death
Partial withdrawal allowed for expenses such as children’s higher education, house construction, marriage, medical costs, etc.
It is necessary to have a nominee when creating an EPF account . The maturity amount in the member’s name automatically get transferred to the nominee, in case of the member’s death. In case, the nominee isn’t specified at the beginning, the name can be added later on, online.
Steps to Change EPF Nomination Online
During the early days, changing a nomination was done through Form 2, which would be sent by the employer to the EPFO. Here are the steps through which an EPF nomination can be changed online:
- Log in at the UAN portal through the link http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in using the UAN (Universal Account Number) and password.
- On the UAN dashboard, the facility to change details can be accessed under the ‘Profile’ tab through “Edit Nomination Details”.
- You will find fields such as UAN, Member ID, Establishment ID, Name, Date of Birth, Father/ Spouse name, Relationship, Date of Joining, Gender, and Marital Status. These are already auto-populated from database and cannot be edited. The only editable data on this page are Permanent Address and Present Address. To update any of these addresses click ‘Update’.
- On clicking Update, a screen having a section where family details can be edited will appear. Here you can enter the details, and assign the corpus along with the KYC. Once it is updated, the details will be populated on the EPF/EDLI section.
After filling all the needed details, click on ‘Submit’ to save the nomination declaration. The printout of the updated form can be submitted to the employer for records.
EPF Nomination Rules
There is no fixed number of times regarding changing the nomination. Using the online facility, nomination can be changed as per the member’s wish. Here are some rules regarding nomination for EPF:
- There should be nominee for every EPF account, so that the funds can be transferred in case of the member’s premature death.
- There can be more than one nominee. The member can also fix the proportion of fund for each nominee.
- In case of family, the member should nominate the family member. A non-family member will be considered invalid.
- In case of nominations made before the marriage will be considered invalid, in case the member gets married. It is necessary to file new nominations, post marriage.
- If the member doesn’t have a family at the time of nomination, anyone can be made a nominee. However, once the member has a family the nomination should be transferred to the family member. In case a minor is a nominee, the guardian should be the family member.
- On the member’s death, the maturity amount will be paid to the nominee. The payment would be on the basis of stated proportion (if any).
- If there is no nomination the fund would be equally distributed among family members. The major son and married daughter are not considered for such distribution.
With the online method, nominees can be easily changed or nominated, at any point in time.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- PF Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC