Under the supervision of the Central Passport Organisation (CPO), the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) set-up the Regional Passport Office (RPO) in Bangalore in June 1978 upon the bifurcation of Chennai (formerly known as Madras) RPO. In the year of 2007, the Bengaluru RPO started functioning in its own territory located in 8th Block, Koramangala. All of the RPOs in India is led by the MEA's vision of 'To deliver passport services to citizens in a timely, transparent, more accessible, reliable manner and a comfortable environment through streamlined processes and committed trained and motivated workforce'.
In the year of 2016 alone, the Bengaluru RPO rendered passport and travel document related services to 6,60,469 applicants. The Bengaluru (currently known as Bengaluru) RPO is the designated Head of the Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs), Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSKs), Passport Seva Laghu Kendra, and other government authorised bodies. The RPO operates as per the rules and regulations of Passport Act 1967 and delegation of financial Power Rule, 1978. Bengaluru RPO manages the issuance of passport and travel document for the following districts of Karnataka:
|Bengaluru Rural||Hassan||Mangaluru City|
|Chamrajanagar||Hubballi-Dharwad City||Mysuru District|
Staff at Bengaluru RPO
The RPO in Koramangala has a total of 77 members including officers and other staff. The hierarchy includes positions of Regional Passport Officer, Deputy Passport Officer, Assistant Passport Officer, Junior Passport Officer, Office Assistant, etc.
Functions of the RPO
The RPO in Bengaluru carries out the following administrative functions related to passport services:
- Overseeing the operations of PSKs, POPSKs, PSLK, and the RPO itself.
- Maintaining personal files and service book of the RPO.
- Procurement of supplies to support operations of the designated offices/centres.
- Publishing of circulars, public notice, press statements, etc.
- Organising Republic day and Independence day events/celebrations.
- Creating reports to understand trends of passport activities in India and aboard.
Additionally, the Bengaluru RPO carries out various other tasks which are directed by the MEA, under the Government of India. Managing court related litigation files is also one among many other responsibilities of the Bengaluru RPO.
Bengaluru RPO Website
The Bengaluru RPO's website - http://passportindia.gov.in, offers a host of passport-related information to applicants, issuers, governing bodies, and media channels. Though the information on the website is updated regularly by the web developers - Tata Consultancy Services Limited for Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) Division of MEA, the information provided on the website is subject to change. Individuals are recommended to verify the information/details before considering the usage of the content provided on the website. Any queries pertaining to the information on the website must be directed to Project Director, Passport Seva Project, CPV Division, Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House Annexe, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110 001, E-mail: email@example.com, Fax: 011-23386082.
Applying for a Passport
The applicants from Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangaluru, Mysuru POPSK and Kalaburagi PSLK need to complete the online application on the official website - http://www.passportindia.gov.in and schedule an appointment for the submission of application form(s) and required documents. Additionally, the applicant can pay the fee online through many types of credit/debit cards.
The walk-in category which includes Senior citizens and infants enables the applicants to walk-in between 9:30 A.M. -11:00 A.M. to submit their passport application without an appointment, however, ARN sheet must be obtained prior to the visit.
The passport application process can be divided into the following three steps:
- Application Form and Documents - The application for a passport can be initiated by completing the application form and submitting it to one of the PSKs. Once the application is submitted, the documents/details will be verified to match the authenticity of the application.
- Processing of Application - After the payment of the required application fee (based on the application for new/reissues of passport, duplicate copy for lost/theft/stolen passports, regular/express service, and request for a passport with 60 pages, etc.), the applicant will be provided with a reference number. Additionally, applicants are also required to successfully clear the police verification procedure in order to qualify for the Indian passport.
- Issuance of Passport - If the police verification is successful, the passport is sent for printing and delivered to the applicant via registered post of the Post Office.
Steps to submit Online Passport Application Form
- Register on http://www.passportindia.gov.in (existing user can sign in to continue)
- Select - Apply For Fresh Passport/Normal/Express (Tatkaal) Mode
- Fill in the application form and click on 'Submit'
- Pay the applicable fee and schedule an appointment (online payments only -credit/debit card, internet banking, etc.
- Print Application Receipt with Application Reference Number (ARN)
- Visit the selected PSK or RPO to submit the documents
- Complete the police verification successfully
- Receive the passport through registered post
Documents Required For Application Of A New Passport
- Proof of Identity/Address (PoI/PoA)- Applicant can submit either the Birth Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Ration Card, Driving Licence, Bank Passbook (Nationalised Banks), Gas Connection Book, Telephone Bill, School Leaving Certificate, and Board or College Certificates.
- Additional Documents - The applicant may require providing additional details/documents based on his/her profile and other factors.
Contact Bengaluru RPO
Bengaluru RPO Address:
1. Name - Shri Bharath Kumar Kuthati
Address - 8th Block, 80 Feet Road, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560 095
Telephone - 25706100/04
Email ID - rpo.Bengaluru@mea.gov.in
2. Name of the Officer of Grievance Cell: Smt. A.Brinda, Sr. Superintendent
Contact Number of Grievance Cell: 08025706133
Addresses of POPSK, PSKs, and PSLK of the Bengaluru RPO
|PSK Bengaluru, Lalbagh||PSK Bengaluru, Sai Arcade||PSK Hubballi-Dharwad|
|Address - No 45 Prestige Libra, Lalbagh Main Road, Near Urvashi Theatre, Bengaluru -560027||Address - Sai Arcade, Survey No. 56/P, Devarabisanahalli, Marathahalli Outer Ring Road (Opp to INTEL), Bengaluru -560103||Address - Hubballi E Block, Lower Ground Floor, IT Park, Opp Indira Glass House, Hubballi,Karnataka-580029|
|Telephone - 080-22117711||Telephone - 080-25639137||Telephone - 0836-2358738|
|E-mail - pskblr.Bengaluru1@passportindia.gov.in||E-mail - pskblr.Bengaluru2@passportindia.gov.in||E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PSK Mangaluru||PSLK Kalaburagi||POPSK Mysuru|
|Address - No. 25/1A, Prakash Beedi Compound Navbharat Circle, Kodialbail, Mangaluru, Karnataka-575003||Address - No 14 to 17, 1st Floor New KHB Complex, Ring Road Near Toyota Car Showroom Kalaburagi-585105||Address - Metagalli Post Office Building Metagalli, Mysuru Karnataka-570020|
|Telephone - 0824-2411841||Telephone - 08472-226226||Telephone - 0821-2511004|
|Fax - 0824-2411842||E-mail - email@example.com|
|E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org|
National Call Centre -
Call - 1800-258-1800 to speak to a representative between 08:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. or call anytime for 24/7 Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVRS).