Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Overview
It is tough to choose the right insurance policy from the various policies available in India. Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Policy is a popular insurance plan that helps to protect your two wheeler against any physical damage, theft, third party liabilities and/or injury. The best Two Wheeler insurance would be one that protects your vehicle from losses caused due to natural and man-made damages and/or third-party liabilities. Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler insurance is a comprehensive policy that also offers personal assistance cover.
The procedure for acquiring a Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy is simple and easy. Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy can be purchased and renewed online.
Features & Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- Quick claim settlement
- Hassle-free process of purchasing bike insurance online
- Around the clock claim support.
- Avail 75% on account payment in case of cashless facility is not available.
- Existing No Claim Bonus of up to 50% can be transferred from another insurance provider.
- Get instant claims assistance as well as regular SMS updates on the claim status.
- The listed authorized workshops would provide quick and efficient inspection of your vehicle with high service standards.
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Coverage
- Man-made calamities: Damage or loss to your two wheeler due to events such as burglary, riot, theft, malicious act, accident caused by third-party, strike, vandalism, terrorist activity, any damage caused in transit by inland waterway, road, rail, lift, elevator or air.
- Natural calamities: Damage or loss to your two wheeler due to fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, flood, earthquake, typhoon, storm, hurricane, tempest, cyclone, inundation, hailstorm, landslide, frost and rockslide.
- Third Party Legal Liability: The policy offers you protection against legal liability arising out of accidental damages, causing permanent injury or death of a person, as well as damages to third-party property.
- Personal Accident Cover: Get coverage of up to Rs.1 lakh as personal accident cover for the individual owner/driver of the vehicle, while driving, travelling, mounting or dismounting from the two wheeler. There is also an optional personal accident cover available for co-passengers.
- In order to register a claim, first, you have to place your Two Wheeler for Repair in a network garage where you will be able to avail the cashless facility.
- In the event of theft, you have to file a police complaint immediately in writing and inform the company as well.
- Once this is done, you have to officially register your claim. You can register your claim by calling the customer care center and providing some basic information. Once this process is complete, you will receive a claim reference number.
- Next step is Survey and Claim Settlement that is done by Bajaj Allianz.
- Submit a copy of your documents to the garage/dealer and get it verified with the originals. After completion of repair at the preferred garage, Bajaj Allianz will make a payment directly.
Documents to be submitted during Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Claim Settlement
Bajaj Allianz offers the advantage of easy claims procedure and 24/7 claims support for two wheeler insurance. In case your vehicle which is insured with Bajaj Allianz faces an accident or is stolen, you need to submit the following documents to register a claim. Submitting all the necessary documents promptly will speed up your claims process and ensure a hassle-free settlement. Here are the documents that you will need to submit while filing a two-wheeler insurance claim with Bajaj Allianz.
- Duly filled claims form
- Policy and copy of cover note
- A copy of the registration book of the two-wheeler
- A copy of estimate of repairs
- A copy of driving license of the person who was driving the vehicle at the time of accident
- In case of theft or injury/death to a third party, a copy of police FIR or Panchnama will be required.
- If the two-wheeler is declared as a total loss due to theft or an accident, you will have to provide the original insurance policy, RTO transfer papers, a No-Objection certificate (NOC) from the financier or owner for transfer of vehicle, original keys of the vehicle, a letter of subrogation on a judicial stamp paper of Rs.100 and a letter of indemnity on Rs.100 judicial stamp paper.
If all the above documents are submitted, it takes not more than 15 days to process the claims.
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Claim settlement
If your two wheeler is insured with Bajaj Allianz then you need to follow some simple steps to settle the claim.
If your two wheeler meets with an accident, then you need to follow the steps:-
- Notify the company about the accident immediately.
- If the accident has caused a massive damage to your vehicle, the please inform the insurer about the same before removing the vehicle from the accident spot. This is done to ensure that the company can go ahead with a ‘spot inspection’ of the damaged two wheeler.
- To get in touch with Bajaj Allianz to report about the accident, you need to notify them with the two wheeler insurance policy number, date, time and venue of the accident.
- Your two wheeler can be taken to a Bajaj Allianz authorized workshop to arrive at an estimate of repair charges.
- Once the company has received a duly filled insurance claim form, and an estimation of repairs and its cost, the insurers will organize a thorough examination of the two wheeler to detect the extent of damage. Please note the Bajaj Allianz will pay the garage directly, for the repair cost.
If your car is stolen, then please follow the below mentioned steps-
- The news of theft needs to be notified to Bajaj Allianz within 24 hours of the theft.
- An FIR about the theft needs to be filed at the nearest police station within 24 hours, and a copy of the same needs to be submitted to the insurer.
- An investigator from Bajaj Allianz shall arrive to examine the authenticity of the claim, and also collect the documents as required according to the claim form. For an admissible claim, Bajaj Allianz may need relevant documents for the purpose of transferring the rights of the vehicle rights to the company’s name.
In case of third party injury caused by your two wheeler, follow the below mentioned steps to make an insurance claim -
- Immediately admit the injured person/persons to nearest hospital.
- Lodge an FIR about the accident at the nearest police station, and keep a copy of the same.
- Please avoid making financial compensation promises, to the third part affected by the accident, on behalf of Bajaj Allianz. The insurance company is not bound by these promises, as per law.
- Intimate Bajaj Allianz about the accident caused by your two wheeler and damage to the third party.
- General ageing, wear and tear of the vehicle is not covered.
- Electrical/Mechanical breakdown.
- If damage or loss occurs to the vehicle when it is not used in accordance with limitations of use..
- Damage caused by/to a person driving without a valid license.
- If a drunk person or a person under the influence of drugs is driving, then damages incurred won't be covered.
- Damage or loss arising out of war, nuclear risk or mutiny.
- Wear and tear of parts like tyres and tubes is not covered, unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time. If this is the case, the company liability will be limited to only 50% of the replacement cost.
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online
Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy is an all-inclusive protection plan provided to vehicles along with personal accident and third party liability coverage. Customers can easily renew their existing policies online at the Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website in just 5 simple steps.Step 1
Existing policyholders need to first enter a few personal details like name, mobile number, email address, vehicle registration number and policy number. They can proceed to the next step after a simple verification process.Step 2
Bajaj Allianz then displays the details related to the customer’s two-wheeler insurance policy and users can verify the required information.Step 3
The next step displays the premium that has to be paid for renewing the two-wheeler policy and the payment can be done by customers via credit card or net banking.Step 4
After the payment is done, the dispatch details of the original policy document will be conveyed to the customer. An online document will also be generated.Step 5
Bajaj Allianz will send a welcome letter to customers as part of the two-wheeler insurance renewal process, to confirm that the policy has been updated.
Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Documents Required
- Bajaj Allianz offers one of the most flexible two wheeler insurance policies and it comes with minimal documentation requirements.
- As such, no hard copy of any document is required to buy a Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance policy.
- You can get a two wheeler insurance policy online by filling in your personal details and other information about your vehicle like the make, cubic capacity, two wheeler model, manufacturing year, the vehicle sub-type and registration date.
- Using this information, the web portal will offer you an instant quote on premium and you can also apply for a policy online.
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
- What is the extent of coverage provided by Bajaj Allianz under their two wheeler policy?
The company provides a comprehensive coverage against all possible natural and manmade calamities. The policy not only covers these aspects, but also extends personal accident cover and protection against third party liability.
- What is No Claim Bonus? How does it benefit me?
NCB as popularly known is a discount extended by Bajaj Allianz to the owner of the vehicle for not making any claims during a policy period. This discount on premium can be availed at the time of renewal and ranges from 20% to 50%, depending on the number of claim free years.
- In what ways can I be eligible for a lower premium on my two wheeler insurance?
With Bajaj Allianz, you can save in two ways. The first one deals with reducing your share in Voluntary Excess and the second one comes from NCB(No Claim Bonus), details of which has been provided in the question above.
- How do I make changes to my existing two wheeler policy from Bajaj Allianz?
Contact them on 1800 209 5858 to make a change request. You may be required send an e mail or post a letter, based on the nature of change. The company issues an “Endorsement”, certifying and confirming the insured about the change.
- Are electrical components covered under this two wheeler insurance policy?
Yes, the company covers both electronic/electric fittings and non-electric fixtures such as seat cover, mag wheel etc. It also covers the CNG Kit and Bi-Fuel system at an additional premium.
- What is voluntary excess?
This term is used to denote a part of the claim value you’re willing to lose in the claim. It is a percentage of claim value you’re fine to let go. Opting for a higher percentage of voluntary excess is rewarded by a discount on premium at the time of renewal.
- How long is the two wheeler insurance policy valid? Can I renew it online?
The policy is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of commencement. The policy can be renewed online, on the insurer’s portal. Ensure renewal is made before the policy expiration date to avoid inspection charges.
- I need to make a claim for minor damages to my bike. It was being ridden by a friend. Is the claim valid?
The claim is valid as the insurance cover is on the bike and not for the person/owner riding it. You can make a claim, provided the person riding the bike is legally allowed drive and holds a Driving License.
- I am planning to sell my scooter, insured by Bajaj Allianz. Is the insurance on two wheeler transferrable?
Yes, the insurance is transferrable to the buyer. The buyer has to apply for transferring the insurance policy within 14 days from the date of transfer of the car to their name in the Regional Transport Office.
- Two Wheeler Insurance for Three Years
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company In India
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium in India
- Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance In India
- Why Get Your Bike Insured?
- 6 Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?
- Zero Depreciation Cover for Bike Insurance
- A Beginner’s Guide to Two Wheeler Insurance
- Importance of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Tips to Reduce Bike Insurance Premiums
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Two Wheeler Insurance Bangalore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chennai
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Hyderabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Kolkata
- Two Wheeler Insurance Mumbai
- Two Wheeler Insurance Pune
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chandigarh
- Two Wheeler Insurance Indore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Ahmedabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Coimbatore
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Goa
- Two Wheeler Insurance Jaipur
- Two Wheeler Insurance Noida
- Two Wheeler Insurance Gurgaon
- Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance
- Honda Two Wheeler Insurance
- Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hero MotoCorp Two Wheeler Insurance
- Harley Davidson Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kawasaki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Triumph Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance
- TVS Two Wheeler Insurance
- KTM Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hyosung Two Wheeler Insurance
- Yamaha Two Wheeler Insurance
- BMW Two Wheeler Insurance
- Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance
News About Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
Snapdeal Set to Sell Bajaj Allianz Two-Wheeler Insurance Online
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, the subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, has announced that it intends to sell two wheeler insurance online, through a tie up with the e-Commerce giant - Snapdeal. This decision by the company has followed close on the heels of the rising trend among Indian consumers of purchasing motorcycles online. Around 180,000 motorcycles were sold on Snapdeal in the past 6 months, strongly indicating the reliability and popularity of the site as an online marketplace for two wheelers. To go hand in hand with these purchases, Bajaj Allianz aims to offer 2 wheeler insurance policy on Snapdeal for new vehicles, thus enhancing the convenience of all the consumers who bought the motorcycles to get it insured immediately. Two-Wheeler Insurance for used vehicles will be introduced in Snapdeal at a later stage.
5th August 2015