As a country where rebirth and horoscope are common beliefs, where the accounts of life is dealt with over lifetimes, where resilience and reclamation has been the distinctive aspects of ‘Indian Farmers’, they do face the most heartbreaking and intense crisis of existence. With ever-proliferating debts throttling the life out of our peasants, it is nothing but an indication of a negative economy.
The factors that turned agriculture from a positive financial system to a negative one, are the mounting production prices and the deteriorating costs of farm produces. These aspects are deep-rooted if you take a look at the policies of business liberalization and globalization. It is not that farmers cannot save. They are caught in a vicious web of climate crisis, middle men cons and many more, which put their livelihood under assault. This is where Axis Bank decided to step in.
Axis Bank understands the importance of savings for farmers as it has come up with a unique savings account called as Krishi Savings Account. They believe that there is hope and are standing on it. Krishi Savings Account is user-friendly and lets you to transfer instantly. This product has been especially made to meet the unique needs of a farmer and others working in associated agrarian sector.
Features & Benefits of Axis Bank Krishi Savings Account
- Agricultural Activities that makes you eligible to open a Axis Bank Krishi Savings Account:
- Dairy/Poultry Farming (Members of Village Level Cooperative Societies Such as Milk Cooperative Society, Kharedi Vechan Sangh, Self-help Groups Etc)
- Animal Farming
- Fishery & Aquaculture Sector
- Handicraft Industry (Registered with Khadi and Gram-Udyog Department)
- Fruits and Vegetable Sellers (with a corporation license, or a letter from the concerned Government official)
- Members of Tribal and Rural Development trusts (like Agakhan Trust, BIAF etc.)
- Vermi-compost and organic manure dealers
- Nursery units
- Landless workers
- A half-yearly average balance of INR 2500 in semi-urban and rural areas is must.
- In cities and metros, a half-yearly average balance of INR 2500 is required if you transact funds using a Kisan Credit Card (KCC) and link your accounts to Adatiyas/Commission agents and Sugar Samities.
- If proof of these linkages are not submitted, the average balance should be INR 5000.
- The 6-monthly Service Charge of INR 5 per INR 100 of shortfall or INR 500 (whichever is less) can be levied if the account falls short of the minimum balance.
- The Krishi Savings Account authorizes you to a Debit Card with which you can manage your account via any Axis Bank ATM.
- The daily money withdrawal limit is INR 40,000.
- Personal Accident Cover of up to INR 2 lakhs can be availed.
- This account offers rewards program called eDGE Loyalty Rewards Program through which you can earn cash points. Some of the rewardable transactions are credit transactions for INR 50,000 or more through your Pensions Savings Account every month, opening an RD account of INR 2000 and above and starting an AxisDirect Account.
- Krishi Savings Account can be started only for farmers.
- Identity Proof: Copy of any photo and signature bearing national identity card (Voters ID, PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhar etc.)
- Residential Proof: Copy of any photo and signature bearing national identity card (Voters ID, Driving License, Aadhar etc.). The address provided in the ID Card and Residential Proof should be the same.
- If you do not have an ID Card, a letter from any known government official like Talati / Patwari or any revenue officer can be acquired. This letter should not be more than 30 days old and should have the rubber stamp seal of the official.
- Certificate from the Village Administrative Officer (Patwari), or Land document to validate that you are a farmer.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.