The Udyog Aadhaar is a 12-digit Unique Identification Number (UIN) which makes the registration process easier for the small business sector. Udyog Aadhaar is offered by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of the Government of India.
When was the Udyog Aadhaar Scheme Launched?
The Udyog Aadhaar Scheme was launched in the month of September 2015. At present there are more than 87 lakh Udyog Aadhaar registrations across the country. (Source: www.udyogaadhaar.gov.in as on February 2020)
Is the Udyog Aadhaar Registration Different from the MSME Registration?
No, there is no difference between Udyog Aadhaar registration and MSME registration.
Features and Benefits of Udyog Aadhaar
The main features and benefits of Udyog Aadhaar can be summed up as follows:
- Free and hassle-free registration process
- Submission of documents is not required
- Ability to file more than one Udyog Aadhaar
- Self-Declaration facility available
Udyog Aadhaar Registration
The Udyog Aadhaar offers free registration facility. There are two methods of registration for Udyog Aadhaar -
- Registration without using Aadhaar number
- Registration using Aadhaar number
he guidelines for both the registration processes are mentioned below:
1) Registration without using Aadhaar number: The steps mentioned below are to be followed by an applicant in case he or she is not enrolled for Aadhaar.
- If you are eligible for Aadhaar as per Section 3 of the Aadhaar Act, apply for Aadhaar enrolment
- However, the concerned MSME-DI or DIC shall file the UAM registration on the production of the following documents -
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip or a copy of the Aadhaar enrolment request
- One of the following documents – Voter ID card, driving license, passport, bank passbook with photograph, PAN card, etc.
2) Registration using Aadhaar number: If you already have your Aadhaar number, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit www.udyogaadhaar.gov.in and go to the registration section.
- In the dedicated fields provided on the page, fill up your Aadhaar number and name.
- Click on the ‘Validate & Generate OTP’ button and start the registration process using the OTP which will be sent to the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar.
- You will be redirected to a new webpage with the form wherein you will be required to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and name of the business owner.
- Select the social category of the applicant. In case the applicant belongs to the SC, ST, or OBC category, the proof of the same might be required to be provided to the concerned authority.
- Select the gender of the applicant.
- The name of the enterprise through which the business will be conducted.
- The type of the organisation is to be selected from the list provided on the website.
- The PAN of the applicant is to be provided in the designated field.
- The applicant can add one or more plant locations under one registration.
- The complete official address (postal) of the business should be provided.
- The date of commencement of the business can be provided in the designated field.
- Previous registration details, if any, are to be provided.
- The bank account details of the business are to be provided.
- The applicant will be required to choose the National Industry Classification Code (NIC Code) as per the activities of the business.
- The count of the number of people employed in the organisation should be provided.
- The details of the investments made in plant and machinery are to be provided.
- The location of the DIC has to be filled up on the basis of the location of the business.
- After the form is filled up, cross-check all the information for any possible errors and click on the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the form.
- An OTP will be generated after this which will be sent to the email ID used for the registration process.
- Enter the OTP and the Captcha code and click on the ‘Submit’ button to process the application.
Eligibility Criteria for Udyog Aadhaar
All the small, medium, and micro enterprises belonging to the manufacturing or servicing sector are eligible for registration under Udyog Aadhaar.
Documents Required for Udyog Aadhaar
The submission of documents is not required for the registration process under Udyog Aadhaar. However, you will be required to keep a few documents handy as you will be required to provide the information at the time of registration. The documents can be listed as follows:
- Aadhaar card or Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Bank passbook with photograph
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Driving license
- An employee ID card issued by the Government (if any)
- Caste certificate (for SC, ST, and OBC category)
In addition to the documents mentioned above, you might have to produce some other documents as well on the basis of the requirement.
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)
The Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum is a registration form which was made by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) as per the suggestion of the Kamath Committee. This single-page registration form that would allow the MSME to self-certify the existence of the business. It is a self-declaration form that declares the details of the MSME’s bank account, the owner’s Aadhaar details, and other relevant information.
On the basis of this form, a unique identifier will be issued for the MSME. This unique identifier is known as the Udyog Aadhaar Number.
Udyog Aadhaar Update
To make changes such as updating any information for your Udyog Aadhaar, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Entrepreneur’s Login section at www.udyogaadhaar.gov.in.
- In the login section, enter your 12-digit UAM number in the dedicated field.
- Under the UAM field, select your preferred mode of receiving your OTP. You can either choose to get the OTP on your registered phone number or your registered email ID.
- Fill up the field with the Captcha code provided and click on the ‘Validate and Generate OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP in the field provided and verify the same to log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, you can make the necessary changes and save it.
How to Print Your Udyog Aadhaar Registration Certificate?
Follow the steps mentioned below to print your Udyog Aadhaar registration certificate:
- Visit the following website https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/PrintAcknowledgement_Pub.aspx.
- On this page, enter your UAM number and the registered mobile number as per your Udyog Aadhaar.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once you are logged in, follow the system-generated instructions to get the printable format of your Udyog Aadhaar certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are EM-I and EM-II still being used?
- How do I choose the right NIC code as per the activity of the enterprise?
- Can I access the Udyog Aadhaar registration process in any other language?
- Is my data safe on the UAM portal?
No, EM-I and EM-II have been replaced by UAM. This was announced through a notification which was published on the 18 September 2015.
Once the Aadhaar number is validated by the system, the NIC code for the enterprise can be chosen. It has to be chosen from a 3-stage drop-down list. This list will be shown based on the primary activity which has been selected for the organisation, i.e. manufacturing sector or service sector.
At present, the Udyog Aadhaar registration process can be accessed in English only. However, the same will be made available in Hindi as well in the future.
Yes, your personal data is safe in the UAM portal. The data will be password protected and can be accessed only by the respective State Government officials as per their jurisdiction.