The UIDAI has provided residents with portals through which they can voice their complaints as well as inquiries on anything related to Aadhaar. Any complaints or inquiries directed through these portals are dealt with in a timely fashion and aim to provide solutions to residents at the earliest. Individuals can lodge a complaint or an inquiry by using the information present on their Aadhaar acknowledgement document, which they would have received at the time of enrolment. Residents of India can file their grievances related to non-generation of Aadhaar and operator enrolment agencies.
Residents can voice their suggestions, grievances and inquiries by approaching the UIDAI through the following ways:
On UIDAI’s website:
Residents can visit the official website of UIDAI by logging on to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/file-complaint. They will need to follow the steps listed below:
- They will need to type in their 14-digit enrolment ID and date and time in dd/mm/yy and hh:mm:ss) format.
- Under the personal detail and contact, you will need to fill in your name, email ID, and mobile number.
- Under the location tab, you will need to fill in the pin code of your area and select the village/town/city you reside in from a drop-down list.
- Next, you will need to fill in the details of your complaint by selecting the type of your complaint, category of the same and your remarks.
- The last step is to type in your security code that you will need to copy from the page itself.
- Once you submit the above-mentioned details, you will complaint will be filed.
Registering a complaint/grievance using a phone:
You can register your complaint/grievance by calling the toll-free number 1947.
Registering a complaint/grievance through email:
You can also send an email to the ID firstname.lastname@example.org to register your complaint/grievance.