Aadhaar card is undoubtedly one of the significant documents for an Indian resident. However, any errors or wrong information in it can cause unwanted issues. But they can be rectified with the help of Aadhaar card correction/enrollment form.
Though the process of enrolling for an Aadhaar is straightforward, it requires one to follow certain steps that can’t be skipped. The procedure begins with booking an appointment, followed by submitting the documents.
The aadhaar forms are categorized into two types:
- Aadhaar enrollment form
- Aadhaar correction form
The forms are explained in detail below:
Aadhaar Enrollment Form
As the name implies, an “Aadhaar Enrollment Form” helps an individual to apply for an aadhaar. People who do not have their aadhaar cards can visit the nearest aadhaar center and fill this form or have it downloaded absolutely free from the UIDAI’s (Unique Identification Authority of India) official website.
The contents of this form include:
- Full name
- TIN Number/NPR Receipt Number
- Pre-enrolment ID
- Father/Mother/Guardian’s details
- Details of the supporting documents submitted
- Details of the introducer/HoF details
- Thumb imprint/Signature of the applicant
- Time and Date of the enrollment
Steps to fill an Aadhaar card enrollment form:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of UIDAI and download the Aadhaar Enrollment Form.
- Step 2: Once downloaded, fill the details as per the attached proof documents.
- Step 3: If the applicant is an infant, who is below five years old, one of his/her parents has to submit the aadhaar details.
- Step 4: Enter the email address and mobile number.
- Step 5: Once the mobile number is entered, it is linked to the aadhaar automatically.
- Step 6: Once all the information is entered, click on the submit button.
- Step 7: If there are corrections after enrolment, it can be made within 96 hours (free). Any correction made after this period requires a fee to be paid to the government.
The same form can be used for making corrections.
Aadhaar Correction Form
As the name implies, an Aadhaar Correction Form is to correct and update any kind of wrong information that is there in the aadhaar. With the help of this form, the following can be done:
- To indicate which details have to be modified
- The right details of the wrong information
- The form can be filled either in one’s local language or in English
- Attach the supporting documents to serve as a proof of the corrected details
- Attest the form and send it to the respective address mentioned in the form
Instructions To Keep In Mind:
Even though the Aadhaar enrollment and correction forms are easy to fill, there are certain key things to always remember before filling and these include:
- Make sure that the details are entered in capital letters only
- If there is a correction on the DOB (Date of Birth), remember that the correction can be made only once
- The registered mobile number is mandatory to enter
- The documents mentioned as proof should be the same while submitting
- In the case of corrections, mention the new data alone. Do not write any old information
- Keep in mind that just because the form is filled and the supporting documents are attached, there is no guarantee that the changes will be made because every detail will be verified properly
Aadhar Card - Sitemap
Aadhar Card Linking with