The number of motorcycles sold in India is rapidly growing every year. Owing to the increasing interest of the youths in travel, adventure, and luxury biking, the demand for cruiser bikes, bullets, sports bikes, and expensive premium bikes are also showing an increasing trend. The interest of the youths is not only limited to owning a luxury bike, but they are also keen on registering fancy numbers for their bikes. In an urge to make their bikes look extraordinary and unique from the others, the bike enthusiasts are ready to shell out any amount of money. Same is in the case of Imphal, the capital city of Manipur where the bike owners don't mind spending a lot of money to get a fancy registration number for their valuable vehicles. Numbers such as supreme 1, James Bond's 007, Islamic number 786, BOSS 8055 are among the special numbers that people in Imphal covet.
Reasons why people in Imphal want to own fancy vehicle numbers
Getting a fancy registration number is the best way to make a vehicle special and eye-catching. It not only increases the charm of the bike but also projects style and class. The reasons for getting a special registration mark differs from person to person. While for some of the bike owners it is because of numerological reasons, for some others, it is due to their desire to match their birth date, mobile number, house number, or any specific number that they have some connection with. There are several others who simply want to own a unique number to make themselves popular among their friends and family while making heads turn every time they ride their bikes on the road.
Details of the Regional Transport Office in Imphal
|RTO Code||Place Name||Address||Pin Code||Phone Number|
|MN01||Imphal||Office of District Transport Officer, Babupara, Imphal, Manipur||795001||0385-2225204 0385-2461204|
|MN06||Imphal East||Office of District Transport Officer, Near STPI, P.O Mantripukhri, Imphal, Manipur||795001||9856444315|
VIP number registration process in Imphal
If you want to register a fancy number for your two-wheeler in Imphal the following steps need to be followed:
- Walk into the nearest RTO office and go through the list of the fancy two-wheeler numbers that are available for registration.
- Though you will see numbers for both transport and non-transport categories, choose numbers that are available for the LMV-Non Transport category.
- Then get a Form-21 from the RTO and make a Demand Draft in the name of the concerned RTO.
- Once you are done filling it with the required information, submit the form and the Demand Draft at the RTO.
- In case the number that you have applied for happens to be requested by other two-wheeler owners as well, the RTO will arrange for an auctioning where you have to bid to win the ownership of the number.
- Contrarily, if the number is not requested by any other applicant the RTO will either provide you the receipt or return the Demand Draft.
You can also apply for the fancy number online by visiting the transport official website of Imphal. However, you have to participate in the e-auctioning process for getting the number.
Things to know about VIP two-wheeler number registration in Imphal
Few vital things that the applicants need to know before getting a fancy number for their two-wheelers in Imphal are as follows:
- The VIP two-wheeler numbers that are assigned by the RTO are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- In order to get an exclusive number for your two-wheeler, you have to give a pre-fixed amount of money.
- While buying a new bike or a scooter, the number can either be retained in your name or in the name of any of your family members.
- When you decide to sell your bike, you needn’t surrender the number to the registering authority. The number can either be retained or transferred to the new owner.
- You should be present during the auctioning and bid for your desired number to win it.
Most popular fancy numbers in Imphal
People in Imphal mostly request for the following fancy numbers while registering their two-wheelers:
- 0022, 0033, 0044, 0055, 0066, 0077, 0088, 0099
If you want to go a step further for doing something special for your two-wheeler, getting a special registration mark for it makes sense. Check the numbers available with your RTO right away and submit your request before someone else grabs it. For any kind of information about the registration process, you can approach your local RTO.