As living standards rise in India, people have started looking beyond the regular commuter bikes by going for the premium and high-end sports bikes. There has also been a significant increase in the demand for fancy vehicle numbers as vehicle owners are ready to spend money to enhance their style and status quotient. A fancy registration number gives a persona to the vehicle and speaks a lot about the vehicle owner. Numbers like 007, 1111, 9999, 786, 8088, and others are in great demand and there is immense competition when it comes to getting these vehicle numbers.
Getting the two-wheeler number of your choice isn’t easy as there may be many other passionate vehicle owners like you who might have their eyes on the same number that you are interested in. This is why a fancy number cannot be obtained through a normal registration process and the applicant has to pay a special registration fee to do the same.
Elements of A Registration Mark
The second part consists of a two-digit code that represents the code assigned to the RTO with which a vehicle is registered with. The third part consists of the four-digit vehicle registration number allotted to the two-wheeler. The registration number always falls in the range of 0001 to 9999. In case all the numbers in the range are allotted, two additional letters are added before the number and the same range of numbers is reallotted.
How To Get A Fancy Number In Himachal Pradesh
Guidelines For Fancy Vehicle Registration In Himachal Pradesh
- Special registration fee needs to be paid to avail a fancy registration mark as prescribed under rule 81.
Registration Fee For Different Categories Of Fancy Vehicle Numbers In Himachal Pradesh
|Sr. No.||Special Registration Mark||Special Registration Fee|
|1||0001 to 0010 (reserved)||Rs.1 lakh|
|2||0011 to 0100||Rs.1 lakh|
|3||Fancy numbers between 0101 and 0999 i.e. 0101 0111 0200 0201 0222 0251 0300 0303 0333 0400 0444 0500 0501 0505 0555 0600 0666 0700 0777 0786 0800 0888 0900 0999||Rs.25,000|
|4||Fancy numbers between 1000 and 9999 i.e. 1000 1001 1111 2000 2001 2222 3000 3333 4000 4444 5000 5001 5555 6000 6666 7000 7777 8000 8888 9000 9999||Rs. 5,000|
- The registration numbers under serial number 1 are reserved for government vehicles and can be only availed by making a payment of Rs.1 lakh.
- The registration numbers under serial numbers 2,3, and 4 are paid numbers that are issued on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- If a vehicle is stolen or is declared as a total loss, the owner of the vehicle needs to pay the registration fee for the special number obtained by him/her to retain the same number for his/her new vehicle.
- If the vehicle owner fails to retain the fancy number allotted to him within one year, the number shall be considered as surrendered and will be reassigned.