For most people at present, a two-wheeler equals style and class. Two-wheeler owners consider their vehicles no less than valuable assets and flaunt them in front of everybody with pride. The latest craze of prepping up one’s two-wheeler for making it more attractive is getting a fancy registration mark for the vehicle. The process of registering a fancy number for your bike or scooter is easy and anyone can do that without much hassle. A vehicle with a VIP number reflects the taste of the owner and this is the reason why more and more people at present are opting for such numbers.
VIP number for two-wheelers in Tripura
Tripura, nestled in the lap of beautiful hills and lush green surroundings, has a rich culture and heritage. Since it was a royal dynasty in the past, every nook and corner of the state still reflects glimpses of its regal past. Class and elegance are in the blood of the residents. Be it their residences or assets like bikes and cars, people of this royal state like to flaunt everything in style. In fact, this is the reason that the demand for fancy registration numbers for two-wheelers in Tripura is quite high. Here is the detailed process of getting a VIP number for your two-wheeler in Tripura:
VIP number registration process in Tripura
If you want to register a fancy number for your two-wheeler in Tripura, the below-mentioned steps need to be followed one-by-one:
- At first, you have to personally go to the nearest RTO office and check the list of the available two-wheeler VIP registration numbers.
- While selecting a number be careful as numbers will be available for both transport and non-transport category. As you are registering your personal vehicle, make sure to choose a number available for LMV-Non Transport.
- Once you have gone through the available number list, get a Form-21 from the concerned RTO and make a Demand Draft in the name of your RTO.
- Since the demand for fancy numbers is high, there are chances that your desired number might be requested by others as well. In such an instance, you will have to bid for this number and get it through the process of auctioning.
- After preparing the Demand Draft you will have to submit the form along with the Demand Draft at the RTO. You will be invited to bid on this number in case there are more than one applicants for the same.
- It is mandatory to be available during the draw. Hence, note down the date of auction beforehand. If no other applicant has requested your desired number, you will either get the receipt or the RTO will return the Demand Draft.
- Alternately, you can complete the two-wheeler fancy number registration process online. For this, you have to visit the Agartala transport official website at http://tsu.trp.nic.in/transport/. Applicants who register for numbers through this portal will get the number through e-auctioning.
Details of the Regional Transport Office Tripura
You have to visit the nearest Regional Transport Office (RTO) in your state to get the preferred fancy number for your vehicle. The details of the RTOs in Tripura are as follows:
|Code||Name||Address||Pin Code||Phone Number||Email ID|
|TR01||RTO Agartala||Office of the Joint Transport Commissioner, Paribahan Bhavan, Astabol, Northgate, Agartala, West Tripura||799001||(0381) email@example.com|
|TR02||RTO Kailashahar||District Transport Office, Near Kailashahar Circuit House, Kailashahar, Unakoti District, Tripura||799279||(3824) 222449||-----|
|TR03||RTO Udaipura||District Transport Office, SDM Office Premises, Radha Kishorepur, Udaipur, Gomati District, Tripura||799120||(03821) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TR04||RTO Dharmanagar||District Transport Office, District Transport Office, Chandrapur, Dharmanagar, North Tripura District||799251||------||------|
|TR05||RTO Ambassa||District Transport Office, Jaharnagar, DM Office Premises, Ambassa, Dhalai District, Tripura||799289||(03826) 222214||-------|
|TR06||RTO Khowai||District Transport Office, District Transport Office, 2nd Floor, Municipality Council Building, Teliamura, Khowai District, Tripura||799201||--------||-------|
|TR07||RTO Sepahijala||District Transport Office, District Transport Office, Bishramganj Motor Stand, DM Office complex, Bishramganj, Sepahijala District, Tripura||799103||-------||-------|
|TR08||RTO Shantirbazar||District Transport Office, Santirbazar SDM office complex, Santirbazar, South Tripura District, Tripura||799144||(03283) email@example.com|
Registration charges for fancy numbers in Tripura
According to the Tripura Motor Vehicle (3rd Amendment) Rules, 2014, the following are the charges that a two-wheeler owner has to pay for registering a special number for his/her vehicle:
- For selecting a VIP number within 1000 of the running registration numbers, the applicant has to pay Rs.2,000 for every special number.
- Rs.1,000 extra should be paid for every 1000 above the 1000 running registration numbers besides Rs.2,000.
|Within 1000 of the ongoing numbers||Rs.2,000|
|1000 above the 1000 ongoing numbers||Rs.1,000 in addition to Rs.2,000|
Things to know about fancy vehicle number registration in Tripura
Before you start the process of registering a special mark for your two-wheeler in Tripura, you need to know the following vital things about fancy number registration in Tripura:
- The RTO will follow the first-come-first-serve policy while allotting the VIP two-wheeler numbers. Moreover, for getting the preferred fancy registration number the applicant needs to pay the specified amount for that range of numbers.
- The RTO will not charge any extra amount as a fee for allocating fancy numbers to vehicles that are owned by the departments of state government.
- While purchasing a new vehicle, the owners can either retain the number in their own name or in the name of their family members. They needn’t pay any additional fee for that.
- During the selling of a vehicle with a fancy registration number, the owner needn’t surrender the number to the registering authority. It's at the sole discretion of the owner. He/she can either retain it or transfer it to the buyer.
Popular VIP registration numbers and reasons why they are popular
The highest-bid VIP two-wheeler registration number in various states of India including Tripura and other states in the North-East are as follows:
- 01 or 001- For its powerful appeal
- 007 - Its connection with James Bond
- 9 - Since it is a lucky number for many
- 6055 and 8055 - It reads like the word ‘BOSS’
- 786 - Because it is an Islamic number
Other highest-bid numbers across the state are:
Knowing the process of getting a fancy number in Tripura is not enough to make your vehicle stand out in a crowd of many other similar two-wheelers in the state. You have to work towards it and grab the most desired number before it slips away. Since the demand for VIP numbers in Tripura is becoming very high these days, you shouldn’t delay in submitting your application to the nearest RTO. The earlier you place your request, the higher the chances are of getting the desired number.