General insurance companies in India offer two-wheeler insurance policies to their customers. Each insurance service provider has its unique features and offers various two-wheeler plans according to the needs and budget of the individuals.
Two-wheeler insurance helps the policyholders to meet financial responsibilities that arise due to an accident or various other incidences which damage your bike such as theft, fire, landslide, earthquake and so on.
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every two-wheeler owner must obtain at least third-party bike insurance to legally ride their two-wheeler in the country.
List of Best Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans
Let us check the list of the best two-wheeler insurance plans
Bharti AXA's two-wheeler insurance covers damages to the owner/rider and their bike, while also protecting the owner from third-party liability. It provides a basic two-wheeler insurance policy, as well as personal accident coverage for the co-passenger of up to Rs.1 lakh.
Important features of Bharti XA Two-Wheeler Insurance
The following are the important features of the Bharti AXA Two-Wheeler Insurance Plan:
- Cashless claims facilities are provided.
- The policyholders can renew or purchase their two-wheeler insurance online.
- Bharti AXA has a team of customer care executives who provide quick and easy pre-sales and post-sales assistance.
Basic, standard, and comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policies are offered by Bajaj Allianz along with optional add-ons including depreciation shield, consumables expenditures, engine protector, and own damage premium protection.
Important features of Bajaj Allianz Two-Wheeler Insurance
The following are the important features of Bajaj Allianz Two-Wheeler insurance:
- If the two-wheeler is repaired at a certified and authorized garage after an accident, the insurer will pay the covered EMIs of the vehicle under the EMI bike insurance as well as protection policy.
- If policyholders does not file a claim under their two-wheeler insurance policy, the bonus percentage grows with each passing year. However, if a claim is filed, the No Claim Bonus (NCB) is forfeited. This add-on safeguards your NCB, ensuring that it remains secure even after you make a claim.
- Depreciation is not computed under zero depreciation coverage, and the entire amount owed for the claim is compensated. The company covers all of the costs without incurring any depreciation losses.
- The helmet cover add-on allows the policyholders to buy the same model and kind of helmet they already have.
A Kotak Mahindra two-wheeler insurance policy offers legal and financial protection to policyholders against the risks of riding a two-wheeler. The two-wheeler insurance policy protects or covers the two-wheeler as well as third-party liabilities that may arise as a result of an accident or any incident.
Important features of Kotak Mahindra Two-Wheeler Insurance
The following are the key features of Kotak Mahindra Two-Wheeler Insurance:
- It covers the policyholder for up to Rs.15 lakhs when travelling, mounting or, dismounting from the vehicle, with the option to cover co-passengers as well.
- It protects you against legal liabilities resulting from accidental harm to third parties or their property.
- There are two types of two-wheeler insurance offered by Kotak Mahindra, namely Kotak Long Term Two-Wheeler Secure and Kotak Care Secure.
- The policy comes with a No Claim Bonus discount (NCB) of 20%, 25%, 35%, 45%, and 50% if the policy is renewed within 90 days of the preceding policy's expiration date.
Navi General Insurance is a well-known insurance provider that focuses on low-cost bike insurance. The company provides Third Party, Comprehensive, and Standalone Own Damage insurance coverage for two-wheelers. Policyholders can customize their plans according to their requirements.
Important features of Navi Two-Wheeler Insurance
The following are the key features of a Navi two-wheeler insurance policy:
- They have multiple add-ons that the policyholders can select and customize from.
- Their two-wheeler insurance plans are cost-effective, hassle-free, and thoughtful to offer their policyholders a comprehensive cover.
- Navi Two-Wheeler Insurance plan also offers accidental hospitalization cover which ensures complete coverage of medical expenses.
- NCB Secure protects policyholders’ NCB in case they need to claim the policy's term.
Reliance recognizes the difficulties of purchasing motorcycle insurance and offers cost-effective insurance policies that meet the demands of vehicle owners. Two-wheeler owners appreciate the organization because of its paperless real-time renewals, long-term policy tenures, and substantial savings.
Important features of Reliance Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are the key features of Reliance Two-Wheeler Insurance:
- Policyholders may choose from a variety of online bike insurance add-on coverages from Reliance, including Nil Depreciation, Daily Allowance Benefit, Helmet Cover, EMI protection, and more.
- In the case of two-wheeler insurance, Reliance provides the benefit of cashless garages, of which there are around 1198.
- Reliance offers a hassle-free bike insurance renewal process, which could be done online in a few simple steps. The policyholders have to enter details such as vehicle registration numbers and then receive the quote.
- They offer two types of insurance covers, namely liability only policy and package policy.
- The company provides third-party insurance coverage in the event of a third-death party's or physical injury, property damage coverage up to Rs.1 lakh for a third party, and personal accident coverage for the owner-driver.
- If the policyholder's two-wheeler is damaged in an accident, guaranteed reimbursement is provided.
- It offers an NCB discount which starts at 20% on the two-wheeler insurance premiums if the previous year was claim-free.
- Own Damage Coverage for the policyholder’s bike due to accidents, natural, or man-made disasters is included in its comprehensive two-wheeler coverage.
The claim settlement process at Two-Wheeler Insurance Company is simple. Customers who desire a higher degree of safety can purchase the New India Assurance Package Policy, which covers loss or damage to the insured vehicle and its accessories in addition to liability coverage.
Important features of New India Assurance Two-Wheeler Insurance
The key features of New India Assurance Two-Wheeler Insurance are as follows:
Tata AIG Two-Wheeler Insurance
Tata American Insurance Group Inc. (AIG) offers third-party bike insurance, comprehensive, and standalone own-damage bike insurance products. To expand its reach, Tata AIG has chosen a variety of end-to-end channels like banks, agents, and brokers to offer the policy. This makes the process of getting and renewing bike insurance easier for clients.
Important features of Tata AIG Two-Wheeler Insurance
The following are the important features of Tata AIG Two-Wheeler Insurance:
- Will the bike insurance company bear all the damage in an accident?
- How does a two-wheeler insurance company offer coverage without checking the conditions of the bike?
- Can I switch to another two-wheeler insurance company?
The amount of coverage provided by a bike insurance policy is determined by the type of policy that is purchased and the add-ons selected.
Inspection is the process of examining the condition of a vehicle in order to obtain insurance. In the case of two-wheelers, there is no need for an examination before issuing a policy.
Yes, you can move from one insurance carrier to another during the policy renewal.