Unified Payment Interface (UPI) was launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in August, 2016. This interface is a digital payment method that operates on a real-time fund transfer system which enables users to make transactions via a Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
As an UPI participating bank, the United Bank of India has launched its own UPI app called the United UPI. From fund transfers to bill payments, this UPI app acts as a single payment system that serves multiple bank accounts for various banking services. Customers of other banks can also use the United UPI app.
Features and Benefits of the UPI App
Listed below are the various features and benefits of the UPI app:
- Multiple bank accounts can be linked to a single UPI app.
- As a VPA is used for payments, bank account, mobile number and other personal details doesn’t have to be revealed to the merchant or the payee.
- No transaction charge will be charged for transactions made using the UPI app.
- UPI app operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is an instant payment system.
- UPI app is available only to Android users as of now.
Features and Benefits of United UPI
The following are the features and benefits of United UPI:
- Using your United UPI app, you can transfer funds to any VPA, bank account, Aadhaar number, and mobile number. In order to transfer money to a mobile number, MMID of the bank account is required.
- The money transfer is instant. Thus, saving waiting period on the payee’s part.
- You can request or collect payment through the app. The payer will receive a notification on their UPI app for payment.
- A QR code can be generated to ask for a specific amount of money to be transferred from another UPI app user. The payer has to just scan the QR code to make payment. You can generate the QR code using your app or visit the United Bank of India website (https://ubionline.unitedbank.co.in/QR/), enter your name and VPA to generate a QR code to request and accept payment.
How to use United UPI?
Listed below is the step-by-step process of how to use United UPI:
- Download the United UPI app from Google Play Store on your Android phone. Open the app and click on the ‘Register’ tab.
- The app would send a verification code to your mobile number. It is advisable to use the mobile number that is registered with your bank. If you are using dual SIM, the app will prompt you to choose one. Enter the code sent via SMS for verification.
- Fill up a registration form with your name, email ID, and a VPA of your choice. Agree to the T&C and sign up with United UPI app.
- You will have to set a 6-digit PIN as your login PIN. This PIN is required to login to the app whenever you want to use it.
- Once you are registered and signed into the app, you will see the homepage of the app containing various features such as Pay request, Collect request, Approve Pay, Add Bank Account, Generate QR Code, VPA resolution, etc.
- Before carrying out any transaction, you will have to link a bank account to the app. You can link any number of bank accounts, doesn’t have to be just United Bank of India bank account.
- Click on the ‘Add Bank Account’ tab. You can choose your bank from the drop down. Your bank account number will be visible. You have to choose one VPA for a bank account.
- You have to set an MPIN using your debit card details. An OTP will be generated and sent via SMS to your registered mobile number for authentication. Once MPIN is setup, you can proceed with the transactions.
United UPI app is easy to use and customers of other banks can also enjoy this interface for carrying out banking services on their android phones.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.