United Bank of India Application Based Mobile Banking facility offers a variety of financial services to customers with an active savings account, current or overdraft account with the bank. You must register for Mobile Banking Services before downloading United Bank and using it on your phone.
How to Use the United Bank of India Application Based Mobile Banking?
Listed below is a step-by-step process of how to register and use United Bank:
- Register for Application-Based Mobile Banking with one of the United Bank of India branches. Download and fill up an application form that is available on the bank website. After verifying the details you provided, the bank sends 2 SMS to your registered mobile number.
- The first SMS will have an online link to download the mobile banking application. Customers with GPRS facility can download the application onto their mobile. Other customers can visit the branch to download the application from the mPAY website.
- The second SMS will have two 4-digit numeric passwords. The password has to be used to login to the mobile banking system and the mPIN will be used to avail the mobile banking services.
- You will be prompted to change the passwords after first-time login to the system.
After 5 invalid application password attempts, the application will be blocked. After 3 invalid mPIN attempts, the service will be blocked for the day. Primary Account cannot be added as beneficiary.
Any individual maintaining an active savings, current or overdraft account with the United Bank of India can apply and register for the Application Based Mobile Banking services.
Banking Services Available through the United Bank of India Application Based Mobile Banking
Listed below are the various banking services you can avail through the Application Based Mobile Banking:
- Balance enquiry: You can view real time account balance.
- Mini statement: You can view last 8 transactions.
- Cheque status: You can check the status of your cheque (delayed, unpaid, and stopped).
- Stop cheque payment: You can stop cheque payment through the United Bank. However, regular charges are applicable for stopping cheque payment.
- Branch locator: You can locate a branch or ATM by entering a pincode or locality name.
- Intrabank fund transfer: You can transfer funds to self or third-party accounts within the United Bank of India. If the beneficiary is a mobile banking user, then you can transfer funds to the registered beneficiary using his or her account or mobile number.
- Interbank fund transfer: Funds transfer to other bank accounts takes place through NEFT or IMPS.
- Person to Person (P2P): Through IMPS, you can transfer funds to beneficiary in other bank using his or her mobile number and MMID.
Person to Account (P2A): Through IMPS, you can transfer funds to beneficiary in other bank using his or her IFSC and account number. The transaction limit is as follows:
Details Daily Limit Weekly Limit Monthly Limit Daily limit for number of transactions Inter-bank or intra-bank fund transfer Rs.48,000 Rs.1 lakh Rs.2.5 lakh 5 Value Added Services Rs.2,000 Rs.5,000 Rs.15,000 5
- Bill payment: Recharge your prepaid mobile account and book movie tickets using Application Based Mobile Banking. You will have to update your email ID in the mobile banking app for movie ticketing.
With United Bank, you can also change mPIN and application password, and change the communication mode of your United Bank from GPRS to SMS. United Bank has made it easier for UBI customers to avail banking services on their mobile.