The Aadhaar database which is controlled by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), containing the demographic and biometric data of the citizens in the country. Federal Bank savings account customers can link their 12-digit unique identification number either online, offline (at the bank), via SMS, or at any ATM.
How to link Aadhaar card to Federal Bank Savings Account Online
All that the customer has to do is to visit the website of Federal Bank and click on ‘update Aadhaar/PAN details on the bottom of the screen. The customer has to then enter his/her account number and click on ‘submit’. One will then have to enter their Aadhaar number to conclude the process.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card to your Federal Bank Savings Account Offline
For customers that do not have a Federal Bank net banking account, they can link their account at the Federal Bank branch holding their savings account or at the nearest bank branch. To do so, customers can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the Aadhaar card linking form from the Federal Bank homepage.
- Visit the Federal Bank branch with your original Aadhaar card and a photocopy of the document.
- As soon as the document has been submitted, the bank official will hand you the form to seed your Aadhaar card number to your savings account. Enter all the required details.
- Once the bank executive verifies the document submitted, he/she will hand your back the original copy of your Aadhaar card.
- The bank executive will then hand you the lower “cut-off” portion of the Aadhaar card linking application form for your future reference.
- Next, the bank will then link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account manually.
- Once your Aadhaar card details have been seeded to your Federal Bank savings account, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.