The Aadhaar database which is controlled by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), containing the demographic and biometric data of the citizens in the country. Recently, the Government of India has mandated the linking of one’s Aadhaar card to a number of services involving financial institutions, banks, mobile operators, etc., to avoid discontinuance of the service. Federal Bank savings account customers can link their 12-digit unique identification number either online, offline (at the bank), via SMS, or at any ATM.
How to link Aadhaar card to Federal Bank Savings Account Online
Those holding a savings account with Federal Bank can link their Aadhaar number online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Federal Bank.
- Login to your official net banking account using your user ID and password.
- Once logged in, click on “Update Aadhaar card”.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card unique number.
- Ensure that you verify the Aadhaar card number that you have entered.
- Click on “submit” to confirm the linking of your Aadhaar card to your Federal Bank savings account.
- As soon as this is done, the bank will send you a message stating that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your savings account.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card to your Federal Bank Savings Account Offline
For customers that do not have a Federal Bank net banking account, they can link their account at the Federal Bank branch holding their savings account or at the nearest bank branch. To do so, customers can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the Aadhaar card linking form from the Federal Bank homepage.
- Fill in all the fields in the Aadhaar card linking form.
- Visit the Federal Bank branch with your original Aadhaar card and a photocopy of the document.
- As soon as the document has been submitted, the bank official will hand you the form to seed your Aadhaar card number to your savings account. Enter all the required details.
- Once the bank executive verifies the document submitted, he/she will hand your back the original copy of your Aadhaar card.
- The bank executive will then hand you the lower “cut-off” portion of the Aadhaar card linking application form for your future reference.
- Next, the bank will then link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account manually.
- Once your Aadhaar card details have been seeded to your Federal Bank savings account, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
How to link your Aadhaar card to your Federal Bank savings account at any bank ATM
- Visit an ATM nearest to you.
- Swipe your Federal Bank debit card.
- Once your debit card is recognised by the ATM machine, select “update Aadhaar card” under the “service requests” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Re-enter your Aadhaar card number as part of the verification process.
- Click on “confirm”.
- As soon as the you click on that, the bank will send you a confirmation SMS that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your Federal Bank savings account.
For those Federal Bank customers that are yet to link their Aadhaar card to their savings account, they can follow any of the above mentioned ways (online, offline, at an ATM or via SMS) to carry out the procedure. For all citizens holding a savings account, the last day to link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account is 31 December 2017 to avoid the savings account from being frozen.