The State Bank of India (SBI) is India’s oldest and most well-known bank. It is a government-owned bank and is the largest bank in the country. SBI offers a host of services to its customers including home loans, insurance policies, investment instruments and savings accounts.
SBI also offers its customers some of the most comprehensive salary accounts. Each of the salary accounts has been developed with a specific type of customer in mind. One of the many salary accounts that SBI has developed is the Indian Coast Guard Salary Package (ICGSP). The package is available in 4 variants and eligibility is based on the designation held. The variants of the ICGSP are as follows:
- Platinum: Commandant, Commandant (JG), Inspector General, Director General, Additional Director General, Deputy Inspector General
- Diamond: Assistant Commandant, Deputy Commandant
- Gold: Pradhan Naviks, Uttam Naviks, Adhikari, Naviks, Uttam Adhikari, Pradhan Adhikari, Yantrik, Pradhan Yantrik, Uttam Yantrik, Sahayak Engineer, Pradhan Sahayak Engineer, Uttam Sahahyak Engineer, Enrolled followers.
Features and Benefits to the account holder
- The ICGSP allows account holders the privilege of maintaining zero balance in their account.
- Individuals who have retired from the Indian Coast Guard or receive a regular pension from the organization are also eligible to open salary accounts under the ICGSP.
- Account holders can avail education loans, home loans, personal loans, and car loans at lowered interest rates. Additionally, the bank also waives the fees charged for processing the loan.
- The bank offers ICGSP account holders with a 25% discount on locker rental fees.
- SBI offers account holders the option of availing a Demat and Online Trading Account at the time of opening their salary account.
- The bank provides ICGSP account holders with an overdraft facility that is equivalent to 2 months of their monthly net income. This service is available to select customers.
- In addition to a debit card, the ICGSP account also comes with an SBI credit card.
- The bank provides its internet banking services free of charge in addition to providing account holders with multi-city cheques, drafts, and SMS alerts.
- The SBI debit cards along with SBI’s lifestyle app, YONO provide account holders with a number of attractive offers on a regular basis.
- SBI has a loyalty program called SBI Rewardz that earns account holders points for transactions carried out on their SBI debit cards. The reward points can be used for purchasing flight tickets, shopping, and movie tickets.
- ICGSP account holders receive complimentary insurance policies on opening their account. The bank provides account holders with an insurance coverage up to Rs.20 lakh for personal accidents that result in the death of the account holder. Additionally, account holders also receive a complimentary insurance cover up to Rs.30 lakh for air accidents that result in the death of the account holder.
- On death against foreign enemy, Naxalite, terrorist, get benefit of Rs.10 lakh.
Benefits to pensioner veterans:
- Free unlimited transactions across ATMs and zero balance account
- Get up to 25% discount on annual locker rent
- Holders get complimentary insurance policies on opening their accounts.
- The account holders get insurance coverage up to Rs.20 lakh for personal accidents that result in the death of the account holder.
- Additionally, account holders also receive a complimentary insurance cover up to Rs.30 lakh for air accidents that result in the death of the account holder.
- Regular offers on debit cards by SBI.
- Free issuance of SMS alerts, drafts, NEFT/RTGS.
The following documents are required for opening a SBI Salary Account:
- Proof of address: Aadhar card, PAN card, electricity bill, etc.
- Proof of identification: PAN card, Passport, etc.
- Proof of signature: Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.
- Proof of Employment: Last three months' salary slips, ITR
- 2 passport size photographs.
Note: For joint account, documents of both the holders will be required.
How to apply for SBI Indian Coast Gurad Salary Package?
There are multiple ways to apply for SBI Salary Package:
- You can call at SBI branch and request a salary package. You will receive a call back within five working days.
- You can also visit the nearest SBI branch and apply for a salary package.
FAQs of SBI Indian Coast Guard Salary Package -ICGSP
What are the different salary packages offered by State Bank of India?
The different salary packages offered by State Bank of India are:
- Indian coast guard salary package
- Central Government Salary Package (CGSP)
- Corporate Salary Package (CSP)
- State Government Salary Package (SGSP)
- Defense Salary Package (DSP)
- Railway Salary Package (RSP)
- Para Military Salary Package (PMSP)
- Police Salary Package (PSP)
Can I apply for SBI Salary Account online?
Yes, you can apply for SBI Salary Account Online.
Can I continue using my SBI salary account if I change my job?
Yes, you can continue using your SBI salary account even if you change your job.
SBI is India’s most trusted bank whose services have been evolving since its establishment to best serve its customers.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811