The State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the country’s most well-reputed and trusted banks. Established over 100 years ago, the bank extends financial services that go beyond just offering savings accounts to its customers.
One of the many financial services that the bank offers its customers is its various salary accounts. The salary accounts have features and benefits that vary depending on the needs of the customer. Apart from the corporate salary packages, SBI also has salary accounts for individuals employed by the state and central government. The Police Salary Package (PSP) is one such account. The account was developed for those employed in the central police organisations including Civil Police, Railway Protection Force, Armed Police, and Government Railway Police.
Defence salary packages:
The Defence salary package is created for Indian Army, Navy and Airforce personnel. Retired defence personnel can also avail themselves of this benefit. This salary package is available in three variants – Gold, Diamond and Platinum. Officers, based on their ranks get benefit of this package.
Defence salary package for Indian Army:
- GOLD: JCOs & other Ranks
- DIAMOND: Lieutenant, Captain, Major
- PLATINUM: Lt. Colonel, Colonel, Brigadier, Major General, Lt. General, General
Defence salary package for Indian Navy:
- GOLD: Sea II, Sea I, Leading Seaman, Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer, Master Chief Petty Officer-II and Master Chief Petty Officer-I
- DIAMOND: Sub Lieutenant, Lieutenant and Lieutenant Commander
- PLATINUM: Commander, Captain, Commodore, Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral and Admiral
Defence salary package for Indian Air Force:
- GOLD: Personnel Below Officer Rank
- DIAMOND: Flying Officer, Flight Lieutenant, Squadron Leader
- PLATINUM: Wing Commander, Group Captain, Air Commodore, Air Vice Marshal, Air Marshal, Air Chief Marshal
Defence salary package for Assam Rifles
- GOLD: Bugler, Rifleman and Mule Driver, Lance Naik, Nalband, Havaldar, Warrant Officer, Havaldar Major, Naib Subedar, Subedar, Subedar Major
- DIAMOND: Deputy Commandant, Assistant Commandant (equivalent to Lt and Capt in Indian Army
- PLATINUM: Commandant, Second-In-Command (equivalent to Major, Lt Col and Col in Indian Army) and Personnel at this level are being deputed from Indian Army and DSP Army would be offered to them
Defence Salary Package for Rashtriya Rifles:
- Personnel in Rashtriya Rifles are on deputation from Indian Army and hence covered under DSP Army. Accounts are classified as per Ranks in Indian Army
Benefits to the employer
- Employers enjoy a hassle-free experience of opening accounts for their employees.
- The bank allows employers the facility of managing the accounts of all their employees simultaneously.
- SBI does not levy any charges for salary disbursement.
- Online transactions reduce administrative charges and the paperwork that is often associated with salary accounts.
SBI has salary accounts for members employed in various fields. The PSP offers benefits to both the employers and employees.
The following documents are required for opening a SBI Salary Account:
- Proof of address: Aadhar card, PAN card, electricity bill, etc.
- Proof of identification: PAN card, Passport, etc.
- Proof of signature: Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.
- Proof of Employment: Last three months' salary slips, ITR
- 2 passport size photographs.
Note: For joint account, documents of both the holders will be required.
How to apply for SBI State Defence Salary Package?
There are multiple ways to apply for SBI Salary Package:
- You can call at SBI branch and request a salary package. You will receive a call back within five working days.
- You can also visit the nearest SBI branch and apply for a salary package.
What are the different salary packages offered by State Bank of India?
The different salary packages offered by State Bank of India are:
- Indian coast guard salary package
- Central Government Salary Package (CGSP)
- Corporate Salary Package (CSP)
- State Government Salary Package (SGSP)
- Defense Salary Package (DSP)
- Railway Salary Package (RSP)
- Para Military Salary Package (PMSP)
- Police Salary Package (PSP)
Can I apply for SBI Salary Account online?
Yes, you can apply for SBI Salary Account Online.
Can I continue using my SBI salary account if I change my job?
Yes, you can continue using your SBI salary account even if you change your job.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811