IDBI Bank has adopted strong security measures to make sure their customers have a safe and protected electronic and online experience with them. Here are some security measures and policies that the bank has adopted:
- While accessing the IDBI Internet banking website, it is advisable for users to check the security certificate of the site by clicking on the padlock symbol that appears in the browser search bar.
- IDBI credit cards and debit cards automatically get blocked if an incorrect pin is entered for 3 consecutive times.
- The IDBI credit card account logs off automatically after a specific duration of inactivity.
- All the transactions made online are verified through an OTP sent to a customer’s registered mobile number.
- In any communication stating the credit card number, only last four digits are made visible.
- IDBI Bank Internet banking site indicates users if their password is weak, strong, or very strong so that customers can create passwords that are hard to be predicted.
While any financial institution would adopt the best security practices to ensure the highest safety of customer data, it’s the duty of a user to ensure their own safety and take all measures to safeguard their financial information while transacting through their credit and debit cards or on the Internet. Below are some tips and suggestions that users may adopt to ensure maximum security.
Security Tips For Credit Card And Debit Card:
- Make sure that the welcome kit is sealed when you receive your IDBI credit or debit card. Call customer care if you find it unsealed or tampered with.
- After receiving the PIN, memorize the same and destroy it immediately.
- In case your credit card or debit card is lost or stolen, contact customer care immediately to get the same blocked.
- Do not bend your card or expose it to sunlight, electronic gadgets, and devices as it may harm the EVM chip or magnetic strip integrated into the card.
- Never share the picture or photocopy of your card with anyone.
- Never disclose your PIN or passwords to anyone. Hide your pin at stores, ATMs, and other public places.
- Never allow any second person to use your cards.
- Never store or save your PIN or password on your mobile devices or browser.
- Use different password or PIN for different cards.
Security Tips For Ecommerce and Online Transactions:
- A password having a strong combination of letters (small and capital), numbers, and special characters should be created to ensure password uniqueness.
- Always make online transactions with trusted ecommerce sites. (Check padlock icons)
- Register your mobile number with IDBI Bank to receive OTPs for your online transactions.
- Avoid accessing the IDBI site through email links. Enter the respective URL to access the site.
- You may use the virtual keyboard for entering your financial or personal information for better security.
- Keep your online and mobile banking passwords different from your social media passwords.
- Do not share your personal financial information through social media sites even with friends or relatives.
- Do not entertain any emails, phone calls, and website popups requesting your card details or login details. IDBI Bank never calls its customers asking their card details.
- Never respond to phishing emails asking you to share card details to receive lottery prize/funds.
Safety And Security Tips For POS (Point of Sale) Transactions:
- Hide your PIN from onlookers while entering it in POS machines.
- Do collect your card back after a transaction is over.
- Check details on the charge slips before signing them.
Security Tips For Making Transactions On Computer:
- Install an antivirus/anti-malware/firewall software in your PC and update the same regularly.
- Activate automatic updates to make sure your system applications and antivirus receive latest updates and fixes.
- Keep a strong password for your device. Never leave your laptop or computer unattended in a public place.
Security Tips For Mobile Security:
- Create a strong password for your mobile devices.
- Install a reliable security software and update it at regular intervals.
- Be cautious while allowing information access to third-party mobile applications.
- Keep the operating system of your device updated.
- Avoid using free or public WIFI.
- Format your device if you plan to sell or exchange your device. Remotely delete all your data if your device is stolen.
- Keep your bank updated with changes in your mobile number or email id.
- Immediately call customer care if you receive an SMS alert or an email alert that indicates any transaction not performed by you.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.