Kotak SMS Banking
Having made its debut in banking in 2003, Kotak Mahindra Bank has constantly innovated the way they bring banking services to their customers. One of the latest convenient services that they have rolled out is the SMS Banking service. Customers who have already registered their mobile numbers with the bank just need to send an SMS to the bank number to retrieve valuable details such as outstanding balance, monthly statement, cheque status, etc. The service is available 24/7.
Features of the Kotak SMS Banking
- Just with a single message, a customer can access details of his/her savings account or current account, credit card details, loan dues, etc.
- The service is available on all Android phones.
- The service is secure as only if the customer has registered his/her mobile number with the bank can this be possible. That said, only basic transactions can take place.
- No PIN or password is required.
- SMS charges are applicable. No internet service required.
- Through SMS Banking, a customer can link his/her Aadhaar card to his/her bank account.
- Customers can apply for savings schemes such as the Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) through this SMS Banking option.
- One can make a transfer upto Rs.2,500 without even having to register the beneficiary.
- The SMS Banking option comes in a number of languages - English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada and Tamil.
- Customers can download the Kotak Bharat Banking app from Google play store to avail this facility.
How the SMS Banking works
- The customer will have to first have his/her mobile number registered with the bank.
- No log in or PIN required.
- Once on the app, the customer will have to send an SMS with the keyword. The app will then send a message to Kotak Mahindra Bank and fetch the required details.
- Standard SMS charges are applicable.
Kotak SMS Banking FAQs
- What all can I do with the Kotak Bharat Banking App?
You can do a number of things on the Kotak Bharat Banking App. Some of them are:
- View Account Balance
- Request for Cheque Book
- Block Debit card
- Request last 3 transactions
- Fund Transfer
- View credit card Application Status
- View credit limit
- Recharge prepaid mobile or any DTH service
- Check Loan Account Balance
- Apply for a loan
- Insurance renewal
- Check loan details
- Link your Aadhaar card with your bank account
- Apply for insurance - Life, health, accident, etc.
- Find closest ATM or bank branch
- Select language of your choice
- Is there a separate registration for this app? Who all can use this?
No, there is no separate registration for the Kotak Bharat App. All Kotak Mahindra Bank customers that have a savings account, current account or demat account can download and use the app.
- What kind of mobile (handset) is required to use this app? Would I require Apple i7 for this?
No, not required. Any android handset with android version 2.2.3 onwards can use this app.
- I want to transfer money to a friend but cannot find the ‘add beneficiary’ option. What do I do?
For SMS banking on the Kotak Bharat app, you do not need to add a beneficiary to transfer funds. Only Rs.2,500 can be transferred per day.
- Will I get a notification for any transaction made using SMS banking?
Yes, whether the transaction has failed or has been successful you’ll be notified via SMS.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.