Based in Chennai, Indian Overseas Bank is one of the leading public sector bank in India. With more than 3,700 domestic branches, IOB is known for their ISO certified in-house information technology department. Customers are able to withdraw cash at ease as IOB has more than 3,300 ATMs across India.
Indian Overseas Bank has introduced mobile banking services which allow their customers to carry out banking activities on their account from anywhere at anytime. Indian Overseas Bank customers don’t have to stand in long queues or spend time commuting from their home to the bank as they can carry out most of the functions using the mobile banking service from the comfort of their home. Customers will be able to check their account balance, transfer funds, pay bills, request for a cheque book, or block their ATM card using the mobile banking service.
Services offered under the IOB mobile banking service
- Balance enquiry
- Get a copy of mini statement
- Transfer funds within the bank
- Transfer funds to other accounts using NEFT and IMPS fund transfer method
- Foreign inward remittance
- Pay phone/DTH/electricity/broadband bills
- Generate MMID
- Retrieve MMID
- Cancel MMID
- Recharge the phone
- Check cheque status
How to register to avail Indian Overseas Bank mobile banking service?
- Customers will have to download the registration form which is available on the bank’s official website.
- Customer will then have to fill the registration form. The registration form will ask for the customer’s name, phone number, alert messages, bank account details, and other details like daily transaction limit.
- Alternatively, customers can also use the internet banking service to enable mobile banking service. They will have to log in to their internet banking account, go to edit profile, and
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.