Innovating their approach towards banking, Federal Bank offers the SMS banking service. Here, just with an SMS, customers can transfer money, check their balance, get a mini statement, recharge their mobiles and DTH, request a cheque book, and so on. The best part about this service is that customers do not need to have an internet connection or a smartphone. A basic GSM phone will suffice for this banking service.
Benefits of Federal SMS banking
Just by sending an SMS to 9895088888 or 5676762 with a keyword, a customer can carry out the following processes.
- Transfer money from his/her account to a member from any other bank.
- Recharge their DTH connection or recharge their prepaid mobile number.
- Check their balance.
- Get a mini statement of their previous transactions.
- Recharge their Bangalore Metro Transit Card.
- Check the status of a cheque.
- Request for a cheque book.
- Locate the nearest bank branch and ATM.
- Know your MMID (Mobile Money Identifier).
- Register for FedBook.
How to use the Federal Bank SMS Banking
All that the customer needs to do is to message their request along with the SMS keyword to this number - 9895088888 or 5676762. Once the request has been made, the bank will retrieve the details and reply to the request. SMS charges are applicable.
Listed below are the keywords to make a fund transfer through Federal SMS banking.
|PAY||Command to transfer funds using nick names of beneficiaries.|
|Type one space.|
|nickname||A nickname given for payees during payee registration by the customer using FedMobile app/GPRS Banking.|
|amount||Amount that is to be transferred. Decimals are allowed.|
|rem||The last three digit of a remitter's account number.|
|IMPS||Immediate Payment System.|
|account||The beneficiary’s account number with Federal Bank or any another Bank.|
|Ifsc||Indian Financial System Code of the Beneficiary Bank Branch.|
|remarks||Option remarks (50 characters only).|
|mobile||Beneficiary mobile number to send money using IMPS.|
|mmid||Mobile Money Identifier of the beneficiary to send money to his/her mobile number using IMPS.|
Keyword SMS sequences for other processes:
- Mobile recharge: MTOPUP amount rem / MTOPUP mobile amount rem
- DTH Recharge: DTH Service Provider DTH Subscriber ID amount rem
- Bangalore Metro Travel Card recharge: BMRCL card amount rem
- FedBook Registration: FEDBOOK myaccount
- Balance Enquiry: BAL myshortno
- Mini statement request: TXN myshortno
- Cheque Status Enquiry: CPS myshortno Cheque
- Cheque Book Request: CBR myaccount
- Know Your MMID: MMID
- ATM Locater: AL pincode
- Branch Locator: BL pincode
- Block debit card: BLOCK Last four digits of Debit Card
- Loan Against Deposit: INSTANT LAD
Federal Bank SMS Banking FAQs
What type of handset is required for this banking service?
The best part of this service is that you do not need a smartphone or an internet connection. A regular GSM handset would do.
Do I need to add a beneficiary to transfer funds?
No, adding a beneficiary is not required in this case. All you need to know is the account name and number, bank and IFSC code of the beneficiary.
What is the SMS banking number of Federal Bank?
The number that you need to send the request to along with the keyword is - 9895088888 or 5676762.
What are the services one can carry out using SMS banking?
A customer can carry out a number of services such as fund transfers, recharge their DTH connection or recharge their prepaid mobile number, check their balance, get a mini statement of the last 5 transactions made, check the status of a cheque, request for a cheque book, locate the nearest bank branch and ATM, know your MMID (Mobile Money Identifier), register a FedBook and so on.
Does only Federal Bank have this SMS banking service?
No, not just Federal Bank has this service. There are a number of banks that have this facility as well.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from 1 July 2017 onwards.