Citibank Net Banking
Like most other banks in the country, Citibank too has a net banking facility. Citibank’s net banking platform has been awarded the best online banking platform by Global Finance in 2015 - taking into account the user convenience and security of the platform. Its user-friendly interface makes banking procedures seamless.
Features and benefits of Citibank Net Banking
Net banking with Citibank comes with a number of benefits for customers. They are listed below:
- Customers can view transactions that have taken place over the last 18 months.
- Link all accounts with the Citibank account to ease payments.
- Sign up for CitiAlerts. Customers will be notified on their registered mobile number of every transaction that takes place.
- Use the SpendAnalyser to keep a check on spendings.
- Customers can change their email address, phone number and house address online - without having to go to the bank to make the changes.
- Regular issue of e-statements for the customer to keep a track of every transaction.
- Through the net banking portal feature - “Ask Me”, customers can make queries 24/7.
- Order for a cheque book.
- Order demand drafts.
- Create a User ID and Internet Password.
- Transfer funds to any other bank account through NEFT, RTGS or IMPS services.
- Pay utility bills online.
- Schedule payment of utility bills.
- Repay home loans by linking one’s CitiBank account.
- Schedule payment of loan dues.
- Access loan details online.
- Customers can even view, buy and sell mutual funds through their net banking account.
Steps to make a User ID and Password
The first thing that a Citibank customer needs to do is to register for net banking. Using the bank details, he/she can create a user ID and password. Follow these steps to create a user ID and password:
- On the Citibank homepage, select “First time user? Register”.
- Next, click on “self-select user ID and password”.
- The page will redirect for the customer to enter the required account and card information.
- First, enter the type of account that one holds with Citibank.
- Once he/she has selected the type of account, the next step is to enter the details of one’s debit card - card number, CVV and date of birth.
- Click on “agree” to the terms and conditions.
- Next, the customer will have to authenticate the account and debit card details.
- The customer will then have to choose a confidential and secure user ID and password.
- Lastly, the customer can log into his/her account.
- Once the customer has logged in, he/she can carry out the numerous banking services available.
Citibank Net Banking FAQs
- What exactly is internet banking?
Internet Banking allows customers to use an online bank account to carry out certain transactions. With this, customers can carry out banking processes with ease. This means customers do not have to visit the bank and can transact from anywhere, provided they have an internet connection and a computer/laptop. Some of the banking processes are - transferring funds, checking one’s balance, ordering a cheque book, etc. Internet banking is basically banking at your fingertips.
- What’s the safest way of getting on to Citibank’s net banking home page.
The safest way is to type out the URL - https://www.online.citibank.co.in/. By doing so, you’ll be directed to the Citibank homepage without having to visit several other links that pop up on one’s search engine page.
- Should I go to the bank to register my net banking account?
That is not required. The whole procedure can be done online. You will have to enter details such as your account number, card details, registered mobile number, etc. The procedure is simple and can be done in a few minutes.
- What is a username and password?
To log in to one’s net banking account, an individual is required to have a username and IPIN. When the customer is registering his/her account for the first time, he/she is required to come up with a username. The IPIN should be confidential and should not be shared with anyone - not even the bank. It’s advisable to change one’s IPIN frequently for security purposes.
- What happens if a customer forgets their IPIN?
When logging into the net banking account, a customer can click on “forgotten password” if he/she has forgotten the IPIN. The customer will then have to choose a new IPIN, the bank will then send the customer an OTP to his/her registered mobile number as part of the verification. Enter the OTP and the process concludes. This too takes a matter of a few minutes.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.