Axis Bank was founded in 1993 and was originally known as UTI Bank. The bank is headquartered in Mumbai. 25 years later, it has 4,594 branches all over the country in addition to nine international branches. Among the private sector banks in India, Axis Bank is the third largest. With over 14,000 ATMs spread across the country, ">Axis Bank also has the largest network of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) among all private banks in India.
Axis Bank offers customers a variety of services that range from retail banking, and corporate banking, to international banking. Over the years, Axis Bank has received several awards and recognition for its customer loyalty programme, use of banking technology, and customer care services.
There are six types of salary accounts provided by Axis Bank which have different features.
Axis Bank Salary Accounts
Axis Bank has a variety of salary accounts that differ on varying parameters to suit the needs of the demographic to which they cater. Here are a few of the salary account that Axis Bank offers:
Axis Republic Salary Account
This salary account is best suited to the needs of those individuals who work in the private sector as well as the public sector.
Axis Prime Salary Account
The Prime Salary account is best suited for individuals with families as well as premium corporates.
Axis Priority Salary Account
Individuals who hold this type of salary account have a Relationship Manager dedicated exclusively to them.
Defence Salary Account
Axis Bank customers who are part of the armed forces are eligible to hold this type of account. The account comes with accidental insurance coverage and benefits for family members.
Employee Reimbursement Account
This type of salary account is suited for those individuals who would like to keep track of their salary and the reimbursements credited to their account.
Prestige Salary Account
Axis Bank Prestige Salary Account is featured with a cashback debit card which offers attractive cashback on travel, shopping, and fuel.
Liberty Salary Accoun
This salary account comes with a Liberty Debit Card which provides cashback on travel, shopping, entertainment, and food purchases on weekends.
Burgandy Salary Account
The Burgandy Salary Account of Axis Bank provides the best personal banking and wealth management services to its account holders.
Easy Access Salary Account
Apart from the salary accounts mentioned above, Axis Bank also has an Easy Access salary account. The account has several benefits in addition to providing the customers with better access to the details of their account.
Features and Benefits
- The Easy Access salary account holders enjoy the benefit of earning an interest of 3.5% p.a for accounts that have a balance less than Rs.50 lakh.
- The account has a zero minimum balance requirement and does not have a monthly average balance requirement.
- Account holders have access to Axis Bank branches and ATMs all over the country.
- If customers wish to receive a monthly e-statement from the bank, they can send as an SMS to 5676782 and receive their bank statement free of charge.
- Axis Bank also provides account holders with the Easy Access salary account the facility of carrying out free, unlimited NEFT transactions.
- Easy Access salary account holders are provided with a RuPay Platinum debit card after their account has been opened. The debit card allows the account holder a daily withdrawal limit of Rs.40,000 in addition to a Rs.1 lakh limit on shopping expenditure. Furthermore, RuPay Platinum debit card entitles all customers a 15% discount at restaurants that are partnered with Axis Bank.
- The account provides the account holder with an accidental insurance cover of Rs.2 lakh. In the event of the account holder’s death due to an accident, beneficiaries to the account receive the sum assured.
- The bank also provides the account holder with insurance against the potential loss or theft of their debit card.
Eligibility of Axis Bank Easy Access Salary Account
- The account holder’s place of employment is responsible for introducing the customer to the bank. This includes submitting a form with the company stamp and required signatures.
- The account can only be held by those individuals who have an annual income of Rs.1.2 lakh to Rs.3 lakh.
- Documents required to open a salary account with Axis Bank,The applicants have to submit the following documents to open a salary account with Axis Bank:
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Voter ID card
- Utility bills
- Rent agreement
- Income tax assessment order
How to open a salary account with Axis Bank?
Let us have a look at the steps on how to open a salary account with Axis Bank:
- Step 1: Visit https://www.axisbank.com/retail/accounts/salary-account
- Step 2: Choose your preferred salary account under the retail segment
- Step 3: Click on “Apply Online”
- Step 4: Enter all your details such as name, email ID, mobile number, state, city, nearest branch, and your company name
- Step 5: Enter the captcha code
- Step 6: Agree to the terms and conditions and click on “Submit”
Once these steps are completed, you will receive a call from a bank representative who will help you in the further process.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811