The eligibility of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is not more than 10 years. It is a great option for someone who is looking to secure his/her daughter’s future without having to spend a large chunk of money.
Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme Eligibility for the girl child
The eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi account includes:
- Only girl children are eligible to hold Sukanya Samriddhi account.
- The maximum age of a girl child should not be more than 10 years.
- A proof of age of the girl child needs to be attached.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana eligibility for parents
- Parents and legal guardians are eligible to open Sukanya Samriddhi account on behalf of their children.
- One legal guardian/parent is eligible to open maximum two accounts.
How many accounts can be opened by parents?
Usually, the Sukanya Samridhi scheme allows only one account can to be opened against one girl child. The maximum number of accounts allowed under this scheme is two. In case of triplets or twins, there is a provision of opening three accounts by the same parents or legal guardian.
Not only the Sukanya Samriddhi account ensures a secure financial future for the girl child, parents or legal can also enjoy income tax benefits on the contribution made towards this scheme under section 80C of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. Besides, the maturity benefits received at the end of this scheme is also tax-free.
Who can open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account?
The Sukanya Samridhi account can be opened by parents or legal guardian of a girl child. The account can be opened in any post offices or authorized commercial banks. A minimum deposit of Rs, 250 is required to open this account. The maximum deposit accepted by this account is Rs. 1, 50,000. The account provides a grace period of 1 year. For example, a girl born between 2nd December, 2003 and 1st December, 2004, can open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account by 1st December, 2015. The Sukanya Samridhi account can be closed after completion of 21 years.
Sukanya Samriddhi Top Pages
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SSY Documents Required
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana NRI
- Sukanya Samriddhi Interest Rate
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account in Post Office
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Balance
- Online Transfer to SSY
- SSY Bank List
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Other Pages
- SSY Canara Bank
- Corporation Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Dena Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- IDBI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Indian Overseas Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Benefits
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account in Axis bank
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Tax Benefits
- Syndicate Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Loan against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Children Mutual Fund