This savings account variant, as offered by HDFC bank, is a zero-balance account that is specially designed to make your payments easy and to offer simple solutions to collect your donations, fees etc.
Highlights of HDFC Institutional Savings Account
|Category||Institutional Savings Account|
|Minimum Balance Requirement||Zero Average Monthly Balance Requirement|
Features of HDFC Institutional Savings Account
|Demand Drafts||Free and unlimited DD at all HDFC Bank Locations|
|Cheque Collection||Free outstation cheque collection at all HDFC bank locations across India|
|Online Payments||Salary and vendor payments will be enabled through HDFC’s corporate payment software, Enet|
|Net Banking, Phone Banking and Mobile Banking||Offered to all institutional account holders|
|Collection of fees, donation etc.||Will be facilitated by linking institutional savings account with POS terminals, payment gateway and payment kiosk|
Eligibility for HDFC Institutional Savings Account
Institutional Savings account can be opened by the following classes of applicants.
- Agriculture produce market committees
- Village industries and khadi board
- Primary co-operative credit society which the bank is financing
- Farmer’s clubs and Vikas Volunteer Vahini (VVV)
- Registered or unregistered self-help groups (SHGs) which promote savings habits among people
- Development of Women and Children in Rural Areas (DWCRA)
- Government bodies, departments, agencies in respect of grants or subsidies granted for implementation of different schemes approved and sponsored by central or state government
- Trust, association, club, charitable hospital. NGO and section 25 companies eligible to open a savings account as per RBI guidelines
For a more comprehensive list of eligible institutions, do enquire with HDFC Bank.
Fees and Charges on HDFC Institutional Savings Account
|Minimum Average Monthly Balance||Zero|
|Issuance of adhoc/duplicate statements||Rs.100 – Branch|
Rs.75 – Phone Banking, Non IVR
Rs.50 – Mobile Banking, Net Banking and Phone Banking, IVR and ATM
|Hold Statement||Rs.400 per year|
|Cancellation or revalidation of demand drafts/manager's cheque||Nil|
|Phone Banking – IVR and Non IVR||Free|
|Stop payment Charges||Rs.50 for a particular cheque and Rs.100 for a range of cheques, free when done through Net Banking and Phone Banking|
|Mobile Banking and Net Banking||Free|
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.