In the last few years, India has seen a massive increase in the number of bikers. Be it daring bike enthusiasts or household two-wheeler owners, having a bike is a need as well as a craze of most Indians today. Some motorcycle enthusiasts even go to the extent of jazzing up their bikes with premium registration numbers with an intent to make them stand out in a crowd. The residents of Shillong are not an exception. Especially, the fashionable youths of this beautiful hilly city usually apply for unique registration numbers for their stylish vehicles.
Why fancy registration numbers are so popular in Shillong?
The bikers at present don’t mind spending a lot of money for getting a fancy registration number for their expensive bikes. The fashionable youngsters of Shillong with high disposable incomes are very keen on maintaining style and status among their friends and family. Hence, they don’t mind spending a lot of extra money on fancy registration numbers to give their bike a unique identity. These numbers not only jazz up their vehicles but also make them popular and increase their style-quotient.
Details of the Regional Transport Office in Shillong
|RTO Code||Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|ML05||Shillong||Shri R. Hinge, District Transport Officer and Secretary R.T.A., Shillong||2220219|
The process of applying for a VIP registration number in Shillong
Since the VIP registration numbers are highly in demand among the motorcycle enthusiasts in Shillong, a number of people apply for the same number. In such cases, the number is allotted to the applicants through auctioning. The applicants have to bid for their desired numbers and whoever quotes the highest amount gets the ownership of the specific number. However, in instances where the number is not requested by any other two-wheeler owner, the number is directly allotted to the requester at a pre-specified amount.
The interested motorcycle owners need to submit their application for the registration number to the RTO of Shillong. Here is the process in detail:
- Go to the RTO office in Shillong and check the list of the VIP two-wheeler numbers that are available for registration.
- Though you will get numbers for both transport and non-transport category, you must select from the list of numbers that are allotted for the LMV-Non Transport category as your vehicle is meant for personal use.
- Next, you have to get a FORM-21 from the RTO and prepare a Demand Draft in the name of your RTO.
- Submit the form and the Demand Draft at the RTO and wait until it is processed.
- If your requested number is found to be applied by any other applicant, the RTO will invite you to bid for it. Be present on the auction date to bid and own the desired number.
- If you are the only applicant for the number that you have requested, the RTO will either provide you the receipt or return the Demand Draft.
The process can also be conducted online for which you have to visit the official transport website of Meghalaya at http://megtransport.gov.in/ and follow the given steps.
Few things that you should know about VIP number registration in Shillong
Before you apply for a fancy number for your two-wheeler in Shillong check out this vital information related to VIP number registration:
- The RTO follows a first-come-first-serve basis while allocating the fancy numbers to the applicants.
- You have to pay a certain amount of fee for getting an exclusive registration mark for your vehicle.
- The number can either be retained in your name or in the name of your family members at the time of purchasing a new vehicle.
- At the time of selling a new vehicle, instead of surrendering the number to the registering authority, the number can either be retained or transferred to the new owner.
- You might not be able to get the number that you are looking for if some other applicant wins the bid by quoting a higher amount.
Popular fancy registration numbers in Shillong
1, 001, 007, 786, 8055, 9999 are some of the VIP registration numbers which are in great demand in Shillong. Some other fancy numbers which are also sought after in the fashion capital of the north-east are listed here:
If you have a specific VIP number in mind then apply for it right away before someone else grabs it. In case of any doubts regarding the application and registration process, you can get in touch with the RTO officer of your city at the given address and number to get more information on the two-wheeler VIP number registration in Shillong.