A two-wheeler, whether it’s a motorbike or a scooter, is the pride of the owner. It gives him/her freedom of traveling without being dependent on any other. Moreover, it helps him/her to reach their desired place in time which is, most of the time, not possible with public transport, especially with the increasing traffic on Indian roads. It is also useful in picking and dropping their family members wherever they want to go as per their own flexibility. When a two-wheeler is such an integral part of their family, naturally they want to make it look unique and special. And in an urge to do so, they most often tend to get a VIP number plate for their vehicle.
Vehicle owners’ fascination for unique registration numbers is high in the state of Mizoram, especially in the capital city of Aizawl. In fact, the craze for such numbers among the residents is increasing day by day.
Reasons why vehicle-owners buy expensive fancy numbers
There are many reasons why people get a fancy number. The main reason being the desire of getting a unique number on the number plate of their two-wheeler. In fact, some of the numbers can be painted in a fancy manner, for example, the number 8055 looks like Boss when painted on the number plate. Other people go for such choice numbers for reasons such as procuring a number that is easy to remember or getting a number that is lucky for him/her. Some others go for numbers that have numerological significance, for example, the number 9 is the most sought-after number as it symbolises the nine grahas in astrology. It is also a good way of drawing the attention of others towards the vehicle as well as the vehicle-owner when on the road.
Details of the Regional Transport Office in Aizawl
|RTO Code||Place Name||Address||Pin Code||Phone Number|
|MZ01||Aizawl||Department of Transport Office, Chaltlang-Bawngkawn Rd, Chaltlang, Aizawl, Mizoram||796012||0389-223254|
Step-by-Step Procedure of getting a fancy registration number in Aizawl
If you want to register a fancy number for your two-wheeler in Aizawl the following steps need to be followed:
- Walk into your nearest RTO office and go through the list of the fancy two-wheeler numbers that are available for registration.
- Though you will see numbers for both transport and non-transport categories, choose numbers that are available for the LMV-Non Transport category.
- Then get a Form-21 from the RTO and make a Demand Draft in the name of the concerned RTO.
- Once you are done filling it with the required information, submit the form and the Demand Draft at the RTO.
- In case the number that you have applied for happens to be requested by other two-wheeler owners as well, the RTO will arrange for an auction where you have to bid to win the ownership of the number.
- Contrarily, if the number is not requested by any other applicant the RTO will either provide you the receipt or return the Demand Draft.
You can also apply for the fancy number online by visiting the official transport department website of Aizawl. However, you have to participate in the e-auctioning process for getting the number.
Things to know about VIP two-wheeler number registration in Aizawl
A few vital things that the applicants need to know before getting a fancy number for their two-wheelers in Aizawl are as follows:
- The VIP two-wheeler numbers that are assigned by the RTO are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- In order to get an exclusive number for your two-wheeler, you have to give a pre-fixed amount of money.
- While buying a new bike or a scooter, the number can either be retained in your name or in the name of any of your family members.
- When you decide to sell your bike, you needn’t surrender the number to the registering authority. The number can either be retained or transferred to the new owner.
- You should be present during the auctioning and bid for your desired number to win it.
Most popular fancy numbers in Aizawl
The residents of Aizawl mostly request for the following fancy numbers while registering their two-wheeler:
- 0022, 0033, 0044, 0055, 0066, 0077, 0088, 0099
If you also have the urge of doing something very unique and special regarding your two-wheeler then the best thing you can do is to get an exclusive registration number for your two-wheeler. Before going for the registration process make sure you are ready to pay a hefty amount as the cost of getting a special mark is really high. For any kind of information about the same, you can reach out the officer at your nearest RTO.